1. Sylvain .
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 21 May 2020 16:25 PM UTC

I'm pretty sure this answer of my question will be NO, but I have to ask just in case.

In our application user can upload PDF file (Ex.: Image of an invoice from supplier) to our server and later when needed ask our app to show those PDF file for what ever reason.

We will use the New Web Browser control in 2019R2 to show any PDF file directly within our application, if one of those PDF file have a virus of some kind will that new control be immune to those.

Like I said, I have to ask just in case by some 'miracle' the answer is YES...

To make my question more precise, does the new Web Browser control have by default the ability to NOT run any JavaScript, Macro or 'Active content' within the PDF (disabled by default). If not is there a way to turn OFF macro, JavaScript or 'Active content'. So this way to minimize any virus from PDF file. Like some PDF reader have.

TIA

Sylvain

Kai Zhao @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 22 May 2020 08:17 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Sylvain,

The webbrowser control will run javascript by default. We don't have a feasible workaround for this currently. But we will record it as a requirement in our CR pool, I will get back to you once we have a plan to support this feature.

We find that Chrome runs javascript in PDF by default too. I have not found a way to disable it on the browser side, there is only option "Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome".

Regards,
ZhaoKai

Comment
  1. Sylvain .
  2. Friday, 22 May 2020 12:39 PM UTC
Thank for your answer and to have put this in your CR pool.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.