1. Roy Bungert
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 14 September 2018 06:29 AM UTC

Hello,

there's a Mobile Device API for iOs and Android mobile devices. But what about the support of Windows 10 tablets?

Is there any simple way to get something like eon_mobile_cameraex or eon_mobile_barcodeex for Windows 10? I can't find it in PB 2017 R3.

I know, that there are windows APIs do resolve my problems. But it would be much easier if there would be build-in features for that - with the same syntax / functionality as in the Mobile Device API.

Regards,

Roy

Roy Bungert Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 14 September 2018 10:29 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Thank you for your answer.

So there is no chance for an "Appeon workaround PBL" for Windows 10?

I know that the Windows OS provide all these APIs. But some of them are very complex and so each single developer has do go through all theses pitfalls.

It would be much more comfortable to have the support for camera, barcode, NFC, GPS etc. integrated in Powerbuilder.

I would appreciate it if Appeon would think about such a feature. So it must be only developed once (by Appeon :-) ) and not by each developer who need such features like scanning a QR-Code via the build-in tablet-camera.

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 14 September 2018 11:58 AM UTC
There is no plan for this in the next 12-18 months as you can see from the published roadmap: https://www.appeon.com/developers/roadmap

However, that doesn't mean we would never consider to do this.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 14 September 2018 09:45 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

PB 2017 R3 doesn't provide such features for Windows 10 tablet, but the Windows 10 OS itself may provide APIs that you could call from PowerBuilder or there may be a third-party solution you can integrate.  If the third-party solution is not COM visible (for example it is a .NET component) there is good article (https://community.appeon.com/index.php/articles-blogs/tips-tricks-techniques-articles/17-powerbuilder/167-calling-net-components-from-powerbuilder-via-com-wrappers-redux) on how to make these COM visible so you can integrate it into your PowerBuilder app.  

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.