1. DIego A Villegas R
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 5 December 2018 15:44 PM UTC

Hello,

I need help urgently , i am migrating from powerbuilder 10.2.3 to powerbuilder 2017 , in this version i am using pbcryptoclient100.pbd that use a jar pbcrypto-1_0.jar , other system in my company use  pbcrypto-1_0.jar  , now i need use the same jar but in my migrating powerbuilder 2017 for use the same functions , i create one EJB , but i believe the this use a JVM java virtual machine  says that:

The classpath contains the classes required by EJB clients for the J2EE application server, you need to add the classes required by the application server to the system CLASSPATH. For example:

• For WebLogic, weblogic.jar. This file is installed in wlserver6.1\lib or weblogic700\server\lib on the server.

• For WebSphere, JAR files installed on the server in websphere\appserver\lib.

For detailed information about the files required on the client by each application server, see the documentation for the server.

i dont understand a lot of this , What can i do? 

Please i need help

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 5 December 2018 16:05 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Diego;

I believe that the "PBCryptoClientNNN.pbd" file was a Sybase supplied EAServer interface EJB that was used to then call the Crypto API's in the MS-Windows O/S. AFAIK: That PBD was deprecated many, many PB releases ago.

In today's Appeon PB - especially the PB2017R3 release - Appeon has now updated its built-in features to include a Cryptographic API interface. You can now call the MS-Windows Crypto API's through a new object class in PB2017R3 named "CrypterObject".

For example ...

Blob lblb_data
Blob lblb_privKey
Blob lblb_pubKey
Blob lblb_encrypt
lblb_data = Blob("Test Rsa", EncodingANSI!)
CrypterObject lnv_CrypterObject
lnv_CrypterObject = Create CrypterObject
// Generate the private key
lnv_CrypterObject.AsymmetricGenerateKey(RSA!, 1024, lblb_privKey, lblb_pubKey)
// Encrypt data using RSA
lblb_encrypt = lnv_CrypterObject.AsymmetricEncrypt(RSA!, lblb_data, lblb_pubKey)

So my suggestion would be to now refactor your PB10.x App code to use the new "crypterobject" object and replace the old Java code with this new equivalency.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Olan Knight Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 5 December 2018 16:00 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Diego -

This is telling you that you need a WEBSERVER JAR file added to your CLASSPATH.
   Classpath = the path that Java searches to find required jar file
   Usually there is an Environment variable on the Windows platform named CLASSPATH that lists all of the required paths separated by ";".

If the weserver you are using is WebLogic, for example, this message tells you that you need the "wblogic.jar" file, and that it can be found either in the "wlserver6.1\lib" folder or in the "weblogic700\server\lib" folder on the webblogic server.

For WebLogic, weblogic.jar. This file is installed in wlserver6.1\lib or weblogic700\server\lib on the server.

Good Luck,

Olan

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.