1. aayush raj
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 29 December 2020 16:20 PM UTC

i have migrated my applicaton from 12.5 pb to 17 v . how do i deploy my new code changes into my client machine. As i couldn't found the windows installer for 17v like we had for 12.5 v sybase pb .

could you help me out with the process and prerequisite required for the installation of my new executables ?

Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 29 December 2020 18:50 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Adding to what Chris said, if you upgrade to PB 2019 R3 you can use the new PowerClient feature to take care of both your app deployment and runtime DLL deployment.  If you use PB 2019 R2 or older, then you have the options Chris outlined.

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 29 December 2020 18:58 PM UTC
Great point Armeen!

Note that the 2019 R3 release is currently in Beta though. Should be GA in early 2021.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 29 December 2020 18:40 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Raj;

For the PB runtime, the "PB Packager" utility as found in PB 12.x is still there for Appeon PB releases. It will create an MSI of the PB Runtime DLLs for your deployment machine.

For your PB App EXE * PBD/DLLs, there was not App installer feature for that in 12.x releases of PB and the same for Appeon PB releases. Most customers would have used a 3rd party software installer like InstallShield, NSIS, Inno Setup, etc.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.