1. Joseph Vendra
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 9 October 2023 22:18 PM UTC

The CloudAppLauncher for a PB 2021 application installs and runs the PBApp just fine when executed under Firefox (Most current release and even older firefox releases.)

When running the CloudAppLauncher using Microsoft Edge v117 (the latest version as of today Oct 9, 2023) the CloudAppLauncher wont run, it just jets it to the downloads repeatedly.  Each time we run the PB APP it spins up the CloudAppLauncher download process and spits another CloudAppLauncher_Installer (4).exe copy to the downloads folder.

I run it, and it installs the CloudAppLauncher then dies quietly and never installs or runs the actual PBApp.

Odd because this happened for the first 4 attempts, then I switched to Firefox, it ran the whole process end to end without issues and then installed the PBApp then ran it as expected. Each time I hit the URL for the PBApp it automatically runs the PBApp, again, as expected.

Also, yes, I have already deployed the PB 2021 CloudAppLauncher to the IIS server and its the current release for the PB2021 1506 release.

Is there an known issue with the CloudAppLauncher and Microsoft Edge or something else I should check/do?

Joseph,

Mora Wang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 11 October 2023 03:38 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Joseph;

Thank you for using PB!

I also recommend you try the PB 2022 or 2022 R2 version as suggested by Chris and see if it is normal. If it is not normal either, please try the following:

We initially speculates that the problem is caused by cross-domain access. The newer versions of mainstream browsers generally restrict cross-domain browsing by default. Please try the following methods to see if it can be solved.

1) According to the type of browser you are currently using, please set as follows:

Edge: Please enter "edge://flags/#block-insecure-private-network-requests" in the Edge address bar and press Enter.
Chrome: Please enter "chrome://flags/#block-insecure-private-network-requests" in the Chrome browser address bar and press Enter.
Opera: Please enter "opera://flags/#block-insecure-private-network-requests" in the Chrome browser address bar and press Enter.

Note: The above are the three commonly used browsers as examples. If you use other types of browsers, you can search the keyword "/flags/#block-insecure-private-network-requests" from the Internet to see if there is any corresponding setting items to set.

2) Set “Block insecure private network requests” to Disabled and restart the browser.

3) Re-run your PBApp via browser.

If the issue is still not resolved, Please provide the launcher log under C:\Users\%Windows user%\AppData\Local\Launcher\log and C:\Users\%Windows user%\AppData\Local\LauncherWithService\log to us.

PS: In order to better track and handle the case, please submit a ticket at https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug. Thanks!

Let us know if any problems.

Thanks & Regards,
Mora

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 10 October 2023 18:01 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Joseph;

I would suggest trying PB 2022 or PB 2022 R2 (even better) as: A) PB 2021 is now out of maintenance as of 2023.09.04 and B) There were some key updates to the CAL utility in 2022 / 2022 R2.  HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.