1. Oscar Naranjo
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. Wednesday, 4 March 2020 15:09 PM UTC

Hi everyone,

We are experiencing the error "Appeon Debugger cannot correctly load the JS file since it is over 500KB" since June 2019. David made https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/appeon-debugger-cannot-load-js this question since there. I never got this problem until Monday, and we are using the same application. If you see his question he said that the application.js is 71Kb. Yesterday I realized that it is 71Kb because we use 10X Web file compression and this is why we had no clue that time. Also, maybe this could explain why I didn't get this error before. This could be a bug in the validation of size when the file is compressed. However, I recommend you update the documentation to alert the users when uses 10X with the debugger. 

I took a look at 3282 and 3154 tickets, and https://support.appeon.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/56/7/how-to-resolve-the-issue-that-when-a-js-larger-than-500kb-is-loaded-into-the-appeon-debugger-the-appeon-debugger-fails-in-work the documentation of how to resolve the 500kb issue. 

In our application, we have more than 50 global functions (plus Appeon functions) and 587 structures. we have more than 500Kb in our application even if we have only a line of code in the application object.  Therefore, if we have to move the functions and structures to user objects that is going to be a lot of work. 

I made a test removing a lot of structures from the application.js turning it under 500kb, then I was able to debug the app. Of course, I didn't test the modules that use the removed structures. 

Questions: 

Can I split the application.js file without change the PowerBuilder code? Like surgical operations for debugging purposes only.

Since we have a huge application.js that includes a lot of huge structures, that are using everywhere sending back and forth through the Message.Object. Can performance be compromised in a release deploy? I am asking that because we experience slowness when we go through a line that assigns or copies a structure. 

The issue that you solved in PowerBuilder 2019 result of the 3154 tickets will be solved for PowerBuilder 2017?

Best Regards,

Oscar Naranjo 

Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 4 March 2020 20:30 PM UTC
  3. # 1
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 4 March 2020 20:02 PM UTC
  3. # 2

Hola Oscar, 

Si estas usando powerserver 32 bits, Olvidate de todo lo que has leido.

Me paso lo mismo hace un anyo (teclado ingles perdon). La unica forma en la que podia depurar era instalando powerserver 64 bit. Ese si va bien.

Por lo visto todavia no lo han reparado para 32 bits.

Cuando encuentre mi bug, lo comunico aqui.

Pongo el link en la siguiente respuesta.

saludos.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.