1. Heino Hellmers
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. Tuesday, 31 October 2017 19:10 PM UTC

Hi,

the Appeon Homepage says that PowerServer 2017 is released for Web and Mobile.

Where can we download the latest version? (Not the PB Edition!)

TIA

Heino

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 31 October 2017 20:53 PM UTC
  3. # 1

Hi Heino;

FYI: PowerServer 2017 has not been officially released yet today. I'll post back when I see the official announcement and/or the software sitting on the Appeon support website. It should be available very soon.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 1 November 2017 12:43 PM UTC
  3. # 2

Hi Heino;

The download links for PowerServer 2017 have now been posted on the Appeon Support website today!

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Wednesday, 15 November 2017 17:16 PM UTC
Hi Chris, a question about powerserver WEB. Is it going to be continued as a separate product or will it form part of Appeon powerbuilder 2017 (somewhere in 2019 as I heard on the elevate roadmap? The roadmap is not very clear about this)? It would have been nice if, just like Mobile, Web also would have beeen made available in the same product, but I understand that that would bring up the price of powerbuilder a lot and might make powerbuilder's "comeback" to expensive for new customers.

The reason I'm asking is that the list of Unsupported powerbuilder features seems to have grown instead of shrunk. We migrated from a very old version of pfc's to one of the latest and had a lot of work to do. Then problems of only being able to register activex controls by using regsvr32.exe seems to have stayed the same? The AFC example application, as you know, is no good anymore. We cannot use ODBC of type "other" (correct me if I'm wrong). Etc. etc. For now we have given up on trying to get our applications working with any other database then Oracle and Oracle as we all know is a very good database but very pricey with it's virtualization.

best regards,

MiguelL

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.