1. CRISTIAN MEDINA
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 17 August 2017 16:37 PM UTC

When appeon will support deployment of powebuilder 2017 applications

Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 17 August 2017 16:51 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

They already do support deployment of applications. Please be more specific on what you think isn't supported.

Comment
  1. CRISTIAN MEDINA
  2. Thursday, 17 August 2017 17:55 PM UTC
Because I already install last EBF of appeon and no option to select PB2017 on Appeon ToolSet and no toolbar on PB2017 install

1. Helpful
  1. CRISTIAN MEDINA
  2. Thursday, 17 August 2017 17:56 PM UTC
Because I already install last EBF of appeon and no option to select PB2017 on Appeon ToolSet and no toolbar on PB2017 install

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
CRISTIAN MEDINA Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 17 August 2017 20:43 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Comment
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 18 August 2017 16:09 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

You need to purchase the PowerBuilder 2017 Universal Edition.  The Universal Edition will have the toolbar that works for both web and mobile deployment, and it includes the mobile server also at no additional cost.  Only if you want Web do you need to purchase an Appeon Web server on top of the Universal Edition.

Just to make sure no miscommunication, Appeon Web does not work with the lower editions of PowerBuilder 2017, and PowerBuilder 2017 is NOT included for free when you purchase Appeon Web.

Comment
  1. CRISTIAN MEDINA
  2. Friday, 18 August 2017 18:11 PM UTC
I have a license of Appeon Developer Edition so I don't know why if already can deploy until pb12.6 not deploy with Powerbuilder 2017

1. Helpful
CRISTIAN MEDINA Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 18 August 2017 18:11 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

I have a license of Appeon Developer Edition so I don't know why if already can deploy until pb12.6 not deploy with Powerbuilder 2017

Comment
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 19 August 2017 19:46 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 5

If you have already purchased a Developer Edition of Appeon Web/Mobile then you need to do the following (in this order):

1. Upgrade your Appeon Server to version 2016 build 1128 or newer.  Older versions will not work.

2. Install PowerBuilder 2017 Universal Edition.  It is very important it is the Universal Edition.

3. When installing PowerBuilder 2017 make sure you check and uncheck the following options:

• (CHECK) PowerBuilder
  • (CHECK) PowerServer Toolkit
  • (CHECK) PowerServer Help
  • (UNCHECK) PowerServer Mobile
  • (UNCHECK) PowerServer Web Component

Please note that the development toolkit (developer toolbar) is no longer installed separately - it is built into the PowerBuidler 2017 IDE.  So you cannot install or upgrade the developer toolbar using your previous installation program.  The old installation program would only be used for installing the server, and you would use PowerBuilder 2017 to install everything related to the tool.

The answers provided in this post are correct, so if you are still having problems then really you need some hands-on help from one of our staff.  Since you are located in Latin America, please email latam@appeon.com so they can help you further.

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.