1. Peter Huynh
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 29 November 2018 20:48 PM UTC

Hello everyone, 

There are a few different features with PB 2017. Once i connect to source control and have my workspace open should i "refresh" the entire workspace and then do a "git pull" on the workspace? 

What exactly is the "refresh" option doing? How is this different from the "git pull" option? 

Let me know if i need to include any other information. 

Thanks, 

Peter 

Tom Jiang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 30 November 2018 01:50 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Peter,

The refresh basically imports all the source code back into the PBLs, which is automatically done when you do a pull in PB. But if you have used another tool like TortoiseGit and pulled, reverted, or updated the source code in some other ways without PB knowing it, you need to do a refresh in PB to make sure the changes are imported back into the PBLs, so you will see the changes in PB IDE and won't be working on the old code and overwrite the changes you have just made outside of PB. 

Another place you need to use refresh is when a new developer connects to the workspace for the first time. As the PBLs he downloaded are most likely out of sync (PBLs are normally not updated after the initial setup), the refresh will imports all the updated source code to the downloaded PBLs. This should have been taken care of by PB but currently the developer need to do it manually. 

Regards,

Tom Jiang 

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Peter Huynh Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 30 November 2018 16:24 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

So basically when you do a refresh or git pull within PB it references your ws_objects folder for the latest updates and auto-magically imports them into your PBLs so you can see the latest changes in your PB IDE, correct? 

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.