1. Simone Olianti
  2. SnapDevelop
  3. Tuesday, 6 September 2022 09:27 AM UTC

Hello everyone i've successfully migrated to PB 2022. Im trying to rebuild also my snapdevelop webapi project.

The rebuild finished without errors after upgrading all the dependencies, but when i try to publish the app to my remote server (Windows 2016 Server IIS) i get this error:

========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Publish started...
1> ------ Publish started: Project: StartWebApi3.csproj, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
1> StartWebApi3 -> S:\Webapi\Start Web Api 3\StartWebApi3\bin\Release\net6.0\win-x64\StartWebApi3.dll
1> StartWebApi3 -> S:\Webapi\Start Web Api 3\StartWebApi3\bin\Release\net6.0\win-x64\publish\
1> Informazioni: Utilizzo dell'ID 'fae2926a-62cc-4207-a34d-184a6a5768f7' per le connessioni al server remoto.
1> Informazioni: Creazione dell'applicazione (webapi)
1> MSDeploy: "msdeploy.exe" exited with code -1.
========== Publish: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

If i try to publish to a local folder then copy manually the files generated to my webserver and restart it everything working fine as expected
The web deploy from snapdevelop 2021 working fine.

I've tried to recreate the publish profile from scratch but it keeps failing. Any ideas?

** update **

having exactly the same issue on my PowerServer 2022 project. Upgraded the PB and PS project to 2022 but when i try to deploy to remote server i get same error.
Had Web Deploy 4.0 installed on my machine so i've uninstalled and re-installed web deploy 3.6 from scratch but didn't help.
Anyway deploying to local folder and manually copy the app to webserver still working like a charm

tia,

simone

Attachments (1)
Accepted Answer
Simone Olianti Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 7 September 2022 14:20 PM UTC
  2. SnapDevelop
  3. # Permalink

After some research i've found that the issue was relating to some permission missing on my client machine regarding msdeploy.exe configuration
I'll share the solution here in case someone else experiencing this.

Resolution when Web Deploy operation runs by Msdeploy.exe

If Web Deploy operation runs from a command line using Msdeploy.exe, verify if the account performing the operation has the following permissions:

• Read permission to %windir%\system32\inetsrv\config
  • Modify permission to %windir%\system32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config.

after changing permissions web deploy started to work as expected

Anyway i've discovered a little difference between the "folder" deploy approach against the web deploy. The files uploaded to the webserver were a little different in size (in particular JWT DLLs) which prevented my app to work. I had to check the "enable readytorun compilation" during web deploy to make it work. I'll attach a screenshot.

Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 7 September 2022 16:30 PM UTC
Thanks for sharing the solution!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Logan Liu @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 7 September 2022 10:11 AM UTC
  2. SnapDevelop
  3. # 1

Hi Simone,

Please check the server-side requirements again: https://docs.appeon.com/snapdevelop2022/Publish/index.html#server-side-requirements

When you install Web Deploy on the server side, remember to select the Complete setup type to install.

I failed to duplicate this issue in my environment. Are you also using SnapDevelop 2022 GA build?

If still not resolved, please report your issue via our support ticketing system to ensure it is being properly received by our tech support and tracked at: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/

Regards, Logan

Comment
  1. Simone Olianti
  2. Wednesday, 7 September 2022 14:12 PM UTC
Hi Logan, i've double checked everything but nothing worked. After some research i've found it was relating to some permission missing on my client machine regarding msdeploy.exe configuration
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.