1. Konstantin Goldobin
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 16 January 2018 13:28 PM UTC

Hello! In one of webinars Armeen mentioned that a number of Windows 10 specific bugs were fixed in PB2017. We are currently using PB12.5, and while we have purchased PB2017, our team is concerned that the company may move to Windows 10 before we will have finished migration of our PB applications to PB2017. This raises a question of testing PB12.5 apps against Windows 10. I believe having a look at those W10 specific bugs fixed in PB2017 might somewhat help us with this tedious task, so I was wondering if this list of bugs and issues fixed in PB2017 can be found somewhere. Thanks!

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 16 January 2018 14:17 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Konstantin;

Appeon took over the PowerBuilder IDE code from SAP in version 12.6 in July, 2016. The code base at that point also contained many EBF's that were applied by Sybase & SAP upon the v12.6 code line. Some of these EBF's along with the v12.6 base code already included W10 fixes. From there, Appeon tested & corrected further W10 run-time issues on the PB 2017 base line code.

So at this time it would be hard to tell you what W10 specific changes were made by Sybase or SAP since the PB v10 code line that helped align some PB features towards W10 compliance. However, PB 2017 was significantly tested against W10, W2012, W2014 & W2016 - which all share the same O/S Kernel code.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 16 January 2018 15:52 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

I would look at parts of your application that interact with parts of the system besides itself and the database. Things like Windows API functions, files, registry settings, etc.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.