1. Clarence Chamorro
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 28 December 2017 23:38 PM UTC

I have Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Operating System.

I installed PB 2017 as soon it was released.  I have being working with it with no problem. Deploy 64-Bit applications.

I did the Upgrade 1681 with some issues but you guys help me and it worked.

Now I am trying to do the update 1689 and I am getting an issue. It says.

"You don't have Appeon Powerbuilder 2017(For 64'bit Windows) installed on you machine, Appeon Powerbuilder 2017 Maintenance Release installation will abort."

I thought I purchased Appeon PB 2017 64-Bit. Any advise how to solve this issue.

Regards,

Clarence A Chamorro

Marco Meoni Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 29 December 2017 07:27 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Clarence,

Please note that MR #1689 only contains updates to PowerServer Mobile/PowerServer Toolkit/PowerServer Help.

It does not contain updates to PowerBuilder IDE (which in fact has in #1681 its latest update).

Cheers,

Marco

Comment
  1. Marco Meoni
  2. Friday, 29 December 2017 17:48 PM UTC
Hi Clarence,

"64bit" can only refer to PowerServer. What I mean is there is no point to install #1689 on top of PB IDE (which is a 32bit product) unless you have installed PowerServer Mobile.

What PB 2017 version (developer, universal, have you installed? And, do you have PowerServer installed too on the same machine?

#1689 is meant to be a maintenance release (“MR”) for the Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 Universal Edition. This MR is targeted for PowerServer Mobile within the PB Universal Edition.

Cheers,

.m

1. Helpful
  1. Govinda Lopez @Appeon
  2. Friday, 29 December 2017 22:21 PM UTC
Hi Clarence,

Yes. Marco is right. MR #1689 only has updates to the PowerServer Mobile (PB Edition) components that are provided in Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 GA version, Universal edition.  

If you are using Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 Universal edition and want to apply the latest updates, please first install Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 MR1681 (which updates PowerBuilder IDE), and then install this Maintenance Release (which updates PowerServer Mobile, PowerServer Toolkit, PowerServer Help, and PowerServer Web Component). Please get the MR installers from our Download portal.

If what you are looking for is the PowerServer 2017 GA version (1689) then please refer to the following link: https://support.appeon.com/index.php?/News/NewsItem/View/107/appeon-powerserver-2017-ga-version-for-windowsunixlinux-have-been-officially-released

Regards,

1. Helpful
  1. Clarence Chamorro
  2. Tuesday, 2 January 2018 18:35 PM UTC
I purchase PB 2017 Universal. Thank you very much for replying to my issue. I understand that 1689 is a MR upgrade of PowerServer. As I mentioned before I already did the upgrade 1681 which is PB2017 only. If you see the message I'm getting when I try to do the Upgrade of PowerServer it saids that I do not have Appeon PB 2017 Install in my computer.  That is my issue.

Regards,

Clarence A Chamorro

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.