1. Robert Inzinger
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 2 February 2018 08:29 AM UTC
I try to add a workspace to out SVN repository. At frist try Powerbuilder terminates. At second try i get an error: ... Preparing to add to source control... User information confirmed. SVN client is uploading files. Please wait... SVN client error: The specified path is already a working copy for a different URL.. Failed to add files to repository. Adding to source control ... There are no files in the repository.
Robert Inzinger Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 5 February 2018 07:28 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Newt try:

After PB IDE hangs I try to add not the complete workspace, I try to commi only one PBL. I get teh following error:

---------- Source Control
SVN commit
SVN client is finding files. Please wait...
SVN client has finished finding files. 2 file(s) found.
SVN client is adding files. Please wait...
SVN client is committing files. Please wait...
SVN client error: 200009.
Failed to do SVN commit.
SVN commit
 ---------- Done Source Control

Comment
  1. Julie Jiang @Appeon
  2. Monday, 12 February 2018 06:30 AM UTC
Hi Robert, 

If you have not added the whole workspace to source control yet, it is not possible to commit only PBLs. 

Can you please follow the instructions provided in Bruce's article to add your workspace to source control: https://community.appeon.com/groups/powerbuilder/powerbuilder-2017-r2-new-feature-subversion-svn-source-control-support

Regarding the error "The specified path is already a working copy for a different URL", the most possible reason is that the local directory that stores the workspace is already under source control before you perform the current operation.  

Best regards... Julie

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Monday, 5 February 2018 07:21 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

After I delete the Workspace folder and the subversion repository folder, and recreating both new i can add the workspace.

But if I try to commit the workspace PB IDE hangs:

Comment
  1. Monday, 5 February 2018 07:11 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3
Hi I use TortoiseSVN 1.9.4 and Subversion 1.9.4. We use Subversion for our source control for none Powerbuilder projects and it works fine. I create a new empty folder in our repository to and our workspace. After I try to add to Repository there was no .svn folder.
Comment
Bruce Armstrong Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 3 February 2018 22:30 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Do you already attempt to connect the files to a subversion repository using something like TortoiseSVN?  Was this something that was already associated with a Subversion server?

Look for a 'hidden' .svn folder in the workspace directory.  You may need to turn on "show hidden files and folders" in Windows Explorer to see it.  If you find one, delete it.  That's the SVN configuration data.  It sounds like it's already pointed to something.  Deleting it and then reattempting to connect the workspace to Subversion again.

Depending on the version of Subversion you may need to check subfolders for the .svn folder as well.

Comment
  1. Bruce Armstrong
  2. Saturday, 3 February 2018 22:31 PM UTC
Sorry, ignore the last two images.  Those are for an answer to a different question.

1. Helpful
  1. Robert Inzinger
  2. Monday, 5 February 2018 07:09 AM UTC
Hi

I use TortoiseSVN 1.9.4 and Subversion 1.9.4. We use Subversion for our source control for none Powerbuilder projects and it works fine.

I create a new empty folder in our repository to and our workspace.

After I try to add to Repository there was no .svn folder.

1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 2 February 2018 13:48 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 5

Hi Robert;

Can you tell us ...

1. Which SVN software package are you trying to use?
  2. More about how your SVN client / server is configured?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.