1. Martin Mueller
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 12 May 2020 07:09 AM UTC

Hi,

I get some problems with the 2019r2 version:

1. I updated from 2019 to 2019r2. After this, the selectionchanged event in tabs do not work. So, PB does not retrieve data in the datawindows of this tabs.

2. Then I mad a new compilation and it works fine in the development environment.

3. When I start the app on the customers computer, I get the same problem

4. I made a new msi file with the Powerbuilder runtime packager and installed it on the customers machine.

same problem :(

Did I miss anything when I deploy the new app version?

Any ideas

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Martin

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 12 May 2020 19:22 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Martin;

Sounds like possibly mismatched run-time DLL's to me. If it works on your DEV PC (from the IDE and an EXE) - then I would focus on this aspect on the "deployed" PC's.  HTH

Regards ...Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 12 May 2020 08:10 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi,

My advice is to create a bug ticket on this.

Personally I'm getting the "feeling" something has changed with the regeneration of code in PB2019 R2. It seems to be necessary "more frequently" to full build everything than with previous versions. I've noticed this when doing changes in my base class u_dw (pfc's). PB does not always pick up the changes until I do a full build.

regards

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 22 May 2020 04:59 AM UTC
Thanks for sharing the solution!
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Friday, 22 May 2020 05:34 AM UTC
"... the admin of the customer walked behind me and changed the sytsem path back to the old libs directory"

Wow! That's some scary sh**!

What I do to avoid problems like this, is add the path to my folder with the shared dll's at the start of anything already present in the path FROM code when opening the application. The path will be altered to your needs while running the application. After that, the path is the way it was.

For this to work, you have to have a shortcut to the application which in "Start In" points to the shared folder in order to find the PBVM...DLL while your code hasn't altered the path yet.
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Friday, 22 May 2020 05:36 AM UTC
(in addition to previous: I don't use a FIXED path in my code. I get the application's executable directory, and since my SHARED folder is always a subfolder of this, I just add "\SHARED" to it).
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.