1. Zhang JX
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. Friday, 26 February 2021 04:43 AM UTC

To all,

I am testing on the PowerServer2021 Beta CloudApp deployment, and hit error when retrieving a report with large amount of data - took around 15second to retrieve the report.

Observed such Phenomenon: 1st try got below error message, while no more such issue if try again - eg. re-run the report again with all the same parameter.

Is there somewhere we can adjust the timeout setup?

I assume below timeout is from API call since there is no such issue when running the report from the PowerServer hosting server - anyway, Powerserver is on the same LAN with SQL database server.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

JX

Accepted Answer
Kai Zhao @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 1 March 2021 03:36 AM UTC
  3. # Permalink

Hi Zhang,

It seems that the command timeout causes the issue. Please go to SnapDevelop -> Solution -> ServerAPIs -> AppConfig- > Connecton-Cache.json to add "CommandTimeout" to solve the issue. For example,

{
"CacheName": "sql2019",
"ConnectionType": "SqlServer",
"DataSource": "172.16.8.10,1433",
"Database": "test",
"UserID": "sa",
"Password": "appeon",
"EnablePooling": true,
"MinPoolSize": 0,
"MaxPoolSize": 100,
"ConnectionLifetime": 0,
"ConnectionTimeout": 15,
"CommandTimeout": 100,
"OtherOptions": ""
}

Regards,
ZhaoKai

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Zhang JX Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 1 March 2021 05:32 AM UTC
  3. # 1

Hi Zhaokai,

added "CommandTimeout": 100, while still hit the same issue in 30 seconds.

Thank you, JX

Comment
  1. Kai Zhao @Appeon
  2. Monday, 1 March 2021 05:51 AM UTC
Hi Zhang,

Please restart SnapDevelop solution after setting changed. If you had configure database cache for transaction used in PowerServer Project > Web APIs tab > Database configuration? if not, please try add commandtimeout to dbparm, and deploy applicaiton again, for example:

SQLCA.DBParm = "Provider='SQLNCLI11',Database='test',CommandTimeout=100"

If there is still the issue, let's schedule a remote session to debug it. We would recommend you to make the remote session during our working time which is 9:00 ~ 17:00 (we are in UTC+8 ) thus we can get the immediate help from the other team if necessary. Regarding the tool to make the remote session, we usually use GTM or TeamViewer, and TeamViewer is preferred because its response is more quicker than GTM during the session, but we can use the other tools that you think is better. Anyway, please let us know when you can make the session and which tool you'd like to use for this session.

Regards,

ZhaoKai

1. Helpful
  1. Zhang JX
  2. Monday, 1 March 2021 08:24 AM UTC
Hi Zhaokai,

I did use sqlca.DBParm = '..' in the login objects as follow, while guess it should not be an impact since Powerserver will use connection cache instead.

SQLCA.DBParm = "Database='"+sqlca.database+"',Provider='SQLNCLI11',TrimSpaces=1,DisableBind=0,StaticBind=0,User Id="+as_userid+",Password="+as_password+",MaxFetchBuffer=10000000,CommandTimeout=100"

I have also changed below Timeout to be 100, but still the same error message popup.

"ConnectionTimeout": 15, ==> 100

"CommandTimeout": 30 ==> 100

I am in the same timezone as you(UTC+8 in Singapore). please advise whether we can do the remote support access via Teamviewer at 10am - 11am (UTC+8) tomorrow morning or not.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

JX

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.