1. mike S
  2. SnapDevelop
  3. Wednesday, 5 October 2022 21:14 PM UTC

I'm getting the following error:

C:\APP\SnapDevelop\repos\espowerserver\AppModels\AppModels.csproj(2,3): Error MSB4025: The project file could not be loaded. Name cannot begin with the '.' character, hexadecimal value 0x00. Line 1, position 2.

the csproj file it is referencing does not have a period, nor hex value of x00 at line 1 position 2.  This is what the first line of the file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

so it appears that the error message is bogus.  Has anyone seen this kind of weirdness? I did accidently open the csproj file in visual studio which has its own complaints, and it is possible that VS changed something even though i didn't save it?

I understand that to get around it i may have to rebuild the project from scratch. Which isn't a huge deal, but i do have to remember all the changes i made in the c# after PB generated it. 

Security settings, some customization i did, and the storing of the connection info in the database would all have to be redone. 

anyone have any ideas?

i already sent a bug report in, but no response.

Accepted Answer
Francisco Martinez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 5 October 2022 21:27 PM UTC
  2. SnapDevelop
  3. # Permalink

Hi Mike,

You could create a new C# project under the same solution and drag and drop the files and folders you have (just make sure to backup first, just in case). You would only have to add the NuGet packages to the new project.

BTW, do you mean you created a bug report on the Support Page? I haven't seen any new tickets come in in the past few hours (and there's no open tickets currently). Can you please verify and send me the ID of the ticket?

Regards,
Francisco

Comment
  1. mike S
  2. Thursday, 6 October 2022 17:55 PM UTC
Comment # 4 on bug 9100 from Francisco Martinez

Hi Mike,

With the file you provided, the issue also occurs on Visual Studio 2022. So I'm guessing the file got corrupted somehow.

One way I managed to fix the problem was by opening the project file in Notepad++, setting the Encoding to UTF16 LE BOM and saving the file.

It becomes open-able in both Visual Studio and Snap Develop.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Francisco

1. Helpful 2
  1. mike S
  2. Thursday, 6 October 2022 17:56 PM UTC
changing the encoding (used notepad++) to UTF16 LE BOM fixed it
  1. Helpful 1
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 6 October 2022 18:09 PM UTC
Thanks for sharing the solution!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 6 October 2022 02:56 AM UTC
  2. SnapDevelop
  3. # 1

Could this be a Unicode/UTF-8 issue? With Unicode 16LE encoding, each two-byte "normal" character uses a code page of 0x00. Most XML files I've seen use UTF-8 encoding.

Comment
  1. mike S
  2. Thursday, 6 October 2022 14:31 PM UTC
That is what i am guessing. I have no idea what SN is expecting
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.