1. Ronnie Po
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. Thursday, 22 April 2021 20:58 PM UTC

I cannot run a web app deployed to PowerServer 2020. Keep getting the message

"The Appeon Xcelerator plug-in cannot be loaded."

I've verified the security settings, trusted sites list, etc.

Uninstalled all client-side PowerServer downloads.

Cleared browser cache.

Tried running browser as administrator.

Nothing has worked so far.

Happens with Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Internet Explorer works occasionally but not consistently, and requires the user to install the plug-in every time.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks...

Kai Zhao @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 23 April 2021 00:11 AM UTC
  3. # 1

Hi Ronnie,

How did you deploy the application? Did you use Toolkit or an application package? Please try deploying the application to PowerServer directly by using Toolkit and see if the issue is gone.

Please also check and make sure the following two versions are the same:

1. The PowerServer version.
You can check it from the AEM login page.

2. The application deployed version.
%webserver%/%application%/x32_application.html has line like below.
codebase=\"/appeon/weblibrary_ax/x32/APBPAnalysis.cab#version=12,0,2323,00\">\

Another possible cause of the issue might be the installation of the plugin. Please try to follow the steps below to remove the plugin first and then run the application again:

1 Refer to the article below to remove Appeon plugin from IE.
https://support.appeon.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/55/10/the-steps-to-remove-the-appeon-activex-and-the-components-from-internet-explorer

2 Close all browsers.

3 Uninstall the Appeon multi-browser plug-in from the Control Panel.

4 Run the application on Chrome.

Regards,
ZhaoKai

Comment
  1. Ronnie Po
  2. Friday, 23 April 2021 03:39 AM UTC
Hi ZhaoKai,

Thanks for your reply. Your suggestion was correct: the deployed versions did not match.

My development server is PowerServer 2020 PB Edition (2703), while my production server is PowerServer 2020 Workgroup Edition (2323).

I was not able to deploy directly to the production server because Toolkit would not communicate with the FTP server, but I solved the issue by:

1. Downloading and installing a nonlicensed version of PS 2020 Workgroup (2323) locally.

2. Deploying to the local PS 2020 (2323).

3. Creating an application package, which I uploaded and installed on my production server.

Thank you for your help!

One question:

Will there be a maintenance release for PowerServer 2020 to match the version of the latest PB Edition? This would be very useful for developers who want to develop and test with the PB Edition before deploying to their production server.
  1. Helpful
  1. Kai Zhao @Appeon
  2. Friday, 23 April 2021 05:16 AM UTC
Glad to hear that!

We are currently working on the final test and will release PowerServer 2020 MR 2703 soon.

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 22 April 2021 21:16 PM UTC
  3. # 2

Hi Ronnie;

Have a look in your PS installation under IIS, as follows:

IE ....

Folder: (ie: "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\appeon\weblibrary_ax\support")

You should have two files there: "ax_install_x32.zip" and "ax_install_x64.zip". Unzip these into their own separate folder and then run each of their "Update.exe" install programs "As Admin" on the target PC.

All Other Browsers ...

Folder: (ie: "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\appeon\weblibrary_ax\crossbrowser")

You should have a file there called "appeonbrowser.exe". Run this EXE install "As Admin" on the target PC.

PS: Make sure that all web browsers are closed when installing. Also, a PC reboot might be wise as well after these installs.  HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Ronnie Po
  2. Thursday, 22 April 2021 21:43 PM UTC
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the quick response. I forgot to mention that I have already tried those.

I found another similar thread where the solution was to reinstall everything on the server from scratch. I don't know whether that will work here but it's starting to look like my next option to try.
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 22 April 2021 22:26 PM UTC
Hi Ronnie, can you replicate this issue using a Web browser on a different machine? That would help isolate whether the client machine/deployment has problems or the server machine/deployment has problems.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.