1. Gordon Leishman
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 25 June 2019 00:44 AM UTC

Hi,

I am in the process of trying to switch from using PushOK to native PB GIT in 2017 R3 but am having Team City build issues due to Bug 2478 - Powerbuilder writes "UTF - 8" encoding to Git commits.

I find that once I have any commit in my branch with the UTF - 8 bit in it, my build fails regardless of whether it is the last commit.

So I don't really have a workaround for the issue, other than doing all of my commits outside of PB or continuing to use PushOK (please no!!).

I notice from the bug that this is officially fixed in 2019, however, we are currently using 2017 R3 and will not be upgrading to 2019 for at least 6 months to a year (company policy).

So I have also downloaded the 2017 R3 DLL (gitclient2.0.26.dll) that is attached to the bug and this appears to fix the problem.

Am I able to use this DLL in production and is it supported by Appeon?

If not, will there be an MR release for 2017 R3 that includes this fix?

Thanks
Gordon

Tom Jiang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 25 June 2019 01:59 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Gordon,

The fix is in the 2017 R3 code but there is not a date for the next release yet. The gitclient2.0.26.dll attached to the bug should only affect the Git features on PB IDE. You may choose to do some test related to your daily use of the Git feature before applying it to your production with caution. But it's not recommended to use in production unless you think the benefits outweighs the risks.  

Regards,

Tom Jiang

Comment
  1. Gordon Leishman
  2. Tuesday, 25 June 2019 03:01 AM UTC
Thanks for the quick response Tom.

I have done some testing of gitclient2.0.26.dll attached to the bug and have had no issues, so am keen to use it.

Can I ask if the version from the bug is the same version that is in the code base for 2017 R3, as that will give me more confidence?
  1. Helpful
  1. Tom Jiang @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 25 June 2019 03:15 AM UTC
I believe it was built from the code base of 2017 R3 as it was about 2 months after the release of R3..
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.