1. Reji PR
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 23 April 2020 21:20 PM UTC

I have an issue in PowerBuilder 2019 datawindow. I have a composit datawindow that have 2 child datawindow say Child1 and Child2. Child 1 have details bands with many string columns all are autosize enabled controls all placed one below other and hence detail is also autosize enabled. Main nested datawindow has footer text and this text has to print in all the pages. 

Child1 datawindow that i specified above has 2 trailor groups for showing the group level summary data. 

Here what happening is, if there are more text in controls and not able to fit in a page, my group totals and group texts are getting invisible and it not going to next page. Footer text taking that place and remaining texts/controls not moving go next page. 

Any idea why it is happening here. 

Thanks

Reji

René Ullrich Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 24 April 2020 04:55 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Reji,

it is a very old bug or limitation of datawindows technology. It works good if there is enoght space to print the data that belongs together on one page. But it will not correctly break data to next page if the detail band is to big to show all.

The only workaround I know: Split the detail band into more parts so Powerbuilder can page break between this parts if neccesary. You may split using more child DWs. If possible you could also split the data of one row into different rows (e. g. select the text for one column in a row and for another column in a separate row. Use a new column in select to marke what row is for what content.)

HTH,

René

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.