1. Markus Eckert
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 26 February 2018 12:00 PM UTC

How are we supposed to handle imported PBD files (like pbdom170.pbd) together with Native SVN?

If I just include the PBD in the Library List of the target, Native SVN always (unsuccessfully) tries to add the contents of the pbd to the repository. (see below)

Is there a way to add an external PBD to a project and have it be let alone by SVN?

Screenshots of the SVN Commit operation:

However there's an error when trying to actually do the commit

Any subsequent attempt also doesn't succeed but with a different error message.

What's also suspicious is that while the PBD is located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\Powerbuilder", the first letters of that path generated in the ws_objects folder are replaced by the folder name of the project "C:\pb2017\Kompilierversion\ws_objects\"

However, the problem also happens when I move the PBD to the same directory as the PBL files.

Accepted Answer
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 26 February 2018 14:57 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi Markus;

No issues for me for the DOM .pbd when using either the TortoiseSVN or VisualSVN products ....

What SVN product are you using and what version is it?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Monday, 26 February 2018 19:43 PM UTC
Hi Marcus;

Yes, I see the issue now here too ...

AFAIK though, I think that the native SCC interface should not be trying to dissect a PBD as it does not contain any source code - just method signatures. So IMHO it should be uploading the file like any other non-PBL and then leaving it alone.

Please open a support ticket for this issue. In the mean-time, I think that the best work around will be to try & remember to uncheck the PBD file when you perform an SVN Commit on the Target.

Regards ... Chris

1. Helpful
  1. Markus Eckert
  2. Tuesday, 27 February 2018 12:00 PM UTC
Hi Chris

I've opened a ticket and yes, that's the workaround we're using now.

Thanks for your help!

1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 27 February 2018 16:02 PM UTC
You are most welcome and sorry for the inconvenience!

Thank you though for bring this to Appeon's attention and for creating the support ticket!

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.

There are replies in this question but you are not allowed to view the replies from this question.