1. Daniel Vivier
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 13 July 2022 12:40 PM UTC

I just want to inform folks of something I learned through a bug report. I was testing deployment of one of our apps with PB2021 for the first time. We use a custom installer, not the Runtime Packager, because what we need to do is somewhat complex.

When I first did this, following the list of files in the Help topics on Deployment, my application kept silently crashing in PBDWE.DLL on a line that assigned a datawindow object to a datastore (like ds.DataObject = "dw name").

Eventually it turned out that contrary to the docs, PBCRYPT.DLL is always needed in your install, even if you aren't using the CoderObject or CrypterObject. As soon as I added that to my installer, the crash went away.

Appeon has confirmed this, and says that the docs were fixed for PB2022.

John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 13 July 2022 13:09 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

That is very good to know, Dan. Thank you for sharing this information!

Comment
  1. Francisco Rico
  2. Thursday, 1 December 2022 19:45 PM UTC
I need to use Crypter Object in my project, but i dont have it, and i don´t know how add to my project references.

Can Somebody help me?

Thank You in advance
  1. Helpful
  1. Roland Smith
  2. Thursday, 1 December 2022 21:19 PM UTC
PB 2021 has it, just do this in the script:

CrypterObject lnv_Crypt

lnv_Crypt = Create CrypterObject

1. Helpful 1
  1. John Fauss
  2. Friday, 2 December 2022 01:15 AM UTC
@Francisco - After much prying on our part in the thread where you asked this question, you finally gave us enough information to allow us to assist you. Please check your question's thread, and please do not hijack other people's threads. Thank you!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.