1. Nasir Ahmad
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 16 February 2024 16:58 PM UTC

Hi, 

We are facing application crashing without any system error when user clicks on Close all Tabs option of TabbedView bar without focusing on any one window. The application will work fine if the Close all Tabs is clicked on any window tab and not the bar. Please see the below pictures showing what I mean by the bar and window : 

Crashing :

Right click on an empty space in the tabbed view bar while parent and multiple children windows are open. Click the Close All tabs 

Not crashing :

All other scenarios work fine. When user right clicks by hovering mouse over an opened window tab and choose Close All Tabs. Application will work fine. 

Questions : 

1. We already have logic of Close all implemented in the main menu and would like to trigger that event in case use clicks on either of these above scenarios. Is there any way to do so ? There is no documentation regarding this tabbed options on Appeon website. 
  2. There is parent and child dependencies in our application that requires the parent to be closed first. I tried to replicate this issue in a demo application but am not able to produce it there which I know Appeon will ask for. The weird thing is only the bar click creates the issue. 
  3. Is there any external function that I can call to create an event for this system event  of Close All Tabs?

PowerBuilder 2022R3

Window 10

Window error log :

Faulting application name: PB220DebugService_x64.exe, version: 22.2.0.3289, time stamp: 0x658d1adb
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3930, time stamp: 0x9141f979
Exception code: 0xebf00bab
Fault offset: 0x000000000002cf19
Faulting process id: 0x5e94
Faulting application start time: 0x01da60f422223a84
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 22.0\IDE\x64\PB220DebugService_x64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: a8bb5b65-951f-4cb9-ac8a-c113b2ab25cf

Tried to create a Trace file but it won't open as shown below. It will work fine if there is no application crashing. 

Thank you for looking at the question.

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 16 February 2024 18:49 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Nasir ;

I have some good and not so good news in this regard ...

• The TabbbedView menu's are internal and you can not over-ride them with your own pop-up menu nor can you intercept their processing in your App. They are autonomous features that are part of the PB runtime (PBVM) tabbedview behaviour (currently).  :-(
  • You can stop these popup menus however from firing though by using the mditbb_1.ShowContextMenu = false command   :-)

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.