1. MARKOVIC Marko
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 13 July 2022 08:31 AM UTC

Hi,

we have encountered that the webbrowser has bad interaction with external Dll's like MW6 which create QrCodes, for what reason ever. If someone can give the solution for that worked together, i'm in!

We tried a workaround to user the QREncodeDecodeLibrary.dll to generate Qrcodes but with this i can not define the size that i want or maybe you have the solution to set the size of the qrcode?

Maybe it exists a free solution to generate correct qrcode that you can resize etc... which is compatible with the webbrowser?

Thanks for your help.

MARKOVIC Marko Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 13 July 2022 14:06 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

The MW6QRCode.dll is a third part QrCode Dll which we had since many years and never had any problems with it. Now in PB2021 when use the new webbroser control and open it in a window and then try to use the MW6QRCode.dll, it crushs the application without any readable error, only a windows error in the event log with ID 1001 or sometimes 1002. I don't have an idea why it crushs. I remove the MW&, the webbrowser control works, so there is a bad interaction with these 2.

The QREncodeDecodeLibrary.dll that Miguel, I think, made an object for using the QrCode but i can not resize the qrcode image.

Therefore my question is there a better way to do it? I will look at the the QuricolExample to see if that help us while waiting/finding a better solution.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 13 July 2022 13:44 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

I'm unsure what you mean by "webbrowser has bad interaction..." and it is not clear from your post what you are trying to accomplish, so I cannot say if this response will help you. There are a lot of posts related to QR Codes in the Q&A forum and in CodeXchange and in the PB Tech Articles sections of the Community web site. You just have to search...

Look at the following Q&A thread, for example:

https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/how-to-create-qr-codes-offline-without-paying

HTH, John

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.