1. Maurice Losier
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 3 March 2022 17:05 PM UTC

Hi all,

I'm developing on a old application that has migrated over the years and is now at RunTime 19.2.0.2728.

we develop with IDE PB2019R3.

I have moved to plan with PB2021 with setting for Runtime set to the same as above, 19.2.0.2728.

If I do a full build of the workspace in PB2021 it breaks the application, embedded SQL get corrupted somehow, 

based on the SQL object error message if seems to be trying to execute the SQL but says is ran into incorrect syntax?

bellow is extract from logs

22/03/03 10:05:12.96 	CRITICAL Database Error: pv_s_msg='Execute of ICESLogin in f_Login of un_scty', nErrorID=0, cProcName='ICES Application', iError=102, sMessage='Incorrect syntax near 'sqlHandle_08_B3F9965A'.'

seems to replace the actual sql syntax with "SQLHandleXXXXX....."

once workspace is corrupted this way, I can return the PB2019, open workspace and the error persists, but if i perform a full build on PB2019 fixes the problem. At that point I can actually continue to develop in PB2021 as long as I don't have to do a full build

Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 4 March 2022 09:18 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Maurice,

Based on your description, I opened the PB Code Example demo that comes with PB 2019 R3 in PB 2021 Build 1506 (Runtime 19.2.0.2728) and ran a full build but didn’t reproduce the issue.

According to the error message you provided, the issue might be related to SQL. Can you create a small case with this SQL to reproduce the same issue?
If yes, I suggest you submit a bug for this issue to the Appeon Support System (https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug) and upload the small case there, including PBL and DB Syntax, so that we can better track and analyze this issue.

Regards,
Ken

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Maurice Losier Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 3 March 2022 23:26 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Reviewed the setting and they all match

Database Profile are exact copies,

using the same DB Driver

DBParm defined in the application; so common code between both IDE. 

IDE Setting Match , exception of the Java TAB. in PB2019 JVM Status shows Loaded / with Version number but in PB2021, showing Unloaded, with N/A for version

but this app should need anything from Java. 

Thanks for looking into this.

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 3 March 2022 21:19 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Maurice;

Is your PB2021 App setup *exactly* the same as in PB2019R3? That is, the same: DB Driver, Client Software, DBParm settings, IDE settings, etc?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.