1. Oscar Billingslea
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 25 October 2021 19:40 PM UTC

Hello,

I have a problem with PB2021 and PowerClient Deployment.

When the server where Microsoft IIS is is down or there is no network on the computer where the application is running, the application does not start with an error.

image.png

The applications work very well for me and are updated, when I make a change and sent it the change is reflected when closing and opening the application.

I have read the manuals and Appeon community but the only thing I found is that you have to put in the project "UPDATE WHEN CONNECTED", but it gives me the problem. 

image.png

This is my External Files TAB:

Add the export of the powerclient object for a better explanation of the problem and simulation of it.

Can you help me to see what I can do?

Oscar Billingslea

Attachments (1)
Kai Zhao @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 28 October 2021 05:46 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for reporting this issue! This is a PowerClient update strategy issue, we had fixed this issue and there is a plan to release PB 2021 MR earlier next month that will include this fix.

I also replied to you in ticket #7430, please refer to it for more details.

Regards,
ZhaoKai

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 25 October 2021 20:37 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Oscar;

FYI:   I just did a test on my PC Test Apps and IIS server and when "Update when connected" App setting was set & deployed OK once, then all the Apps started OK when IIS was down.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Oscar Billingslea
  2. Monday, 25 October 2021 22:47 PM UTC
Hi Chris:

I imagine that it is some option in the way that I put the deployment configuration but I can't find which one.

Thanks for helping.

Best regards,

Oscar Billingslea
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 26 October 2021 00:26 AM UTC
Hi Oscar;

My test PC Apps are much more complex and have files in various categories. I also tried all related settings and, no issues restarting the Apps with IIS down.

My suggestion now is to delete the PC App from IIS, delete the CAL, Recycle IIS, delete the CAL on the workstation, remove the App from the workstation, & then reboot. Now redeploy the CAL & PC App to IIS. Then run the PC App from its URL to reinstall the CAL & App. Now shutdown IIS, & retest the start with no web server.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
Alex Riofrio Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 25 October 2021 20:54 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Oscar;

What error message do you get?

Comment
  1. Oscar Billingslea
  2. Monday, 25 October 2021 22:44 PM UTC
Hi Alex,

I put the error image in the question, it just says "Could not download file: Server url ..."

Thanks for helping.

Best regards,

Oscar Billingslea
  1. Helpful
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 25 October 2021 21:54 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi Oscar,

On the "External Files" tab make sure no files under the "Images/videos dynamically loaded" section.  All external files should be under the "pre-load" sections above.

On the "Deployment" tab, besides selecting "Update when connected" option,  make sure to also select "Download all the app files at startup" option.

Best regards,
Armeen

Comment
  1. Oscar Billingslea
  2. Monday, 25 October 2021 22:40 PM UTC
Hi Armeen,

I already updated my question to show you the "External files" tab. I only have files about "Files preloaded in uncompressed format.

The options "Update when connected" and "Download all the app files at startup" are checked.

Thanks for helping.

Best regards,

Oscar Billingslea
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Monday, 25 October 2021 22:55 PM UTC
Hi Oscar, If your settings are as you mentioned then this should work offline. Please open support ticket so we can investigate if this is bug. https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug
  1. Helpful
Oscar Billingslea Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 26 October 2021 16:26 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 5

Hi Chris,

Thanks for helping.

I already deleted the CAL and PC APP and deployed them again. The problem persists.

I found in the application installation log directory this error:

2021-10-26 10:24:09.214 ERROR [8296] [DecryptFileToMemory@75] Failed to decrypt the file "C:\Users\IT\AppData\Roaming\PBApps\Applications\192.168.0.161_facturacion_parqueos_siempre\\appconfig.json". Error code: 2
2021-10-26 10:24:09.214 ERROR [8296] [CCloudDownloadAsRequired::LoadCloudAppManifest@221] Failed to decrypt the file "C:\Users\IT\AppData\Roaming\PBApps\Applications\192.168.0.161_facturacion_parqueos_siempre\\appconfig.json"

When the application starts, when IIS is up, the log file disappears.

Best regards,

Oscar Billingslea

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 26 October 2021 17:40 PM UTC
Hi Oscar;

Did you select "Encrypt all the compiled P-Code files" in the General Tab and if so, did you select the "Compression Supporrt" checkbox under the "Runtime" tab as well?

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. Oscar Billingslea
  2. Tuesday, 26 October 2021 18:04 PM UTC
Hi Chris,

Yes, I have "Compression Support" and "Encrypt all the compiled P-Code files" checked.

Best regards,

Oscar Billingslea
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 26 October 2021 18:06 PM UTC
FWIW: I just noticed in my PC App tests from the other day that worked, that I do NOT have "Encrypt all the compiled P-Code files" checked.
  1. Helpful
  1. Tuesday, 26 October 2021 17:36 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 6

Hi Chris,

I have noticed something interesting, in the directory
"% appdata% \ PBApps" where the application is installed, the installation creates a file called appconfig.json, it is an encrypted file. If I disable IIS, the application runs once and deletes this file. The second time my application no longer starts. If I restore this file from a copy made initially, the cycle starts again, starts only once, I copy the file, starts only once more ...
Does this serve to improve the diagnosis of my problem?

Best regards,

Oscar Billingslea

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 26 October 2021 19:04 PM UTC
Very good analysis! Sounds like a bug. Did you open support ticket?
  1. Helpful
  1. Oscar Billingslea
  2. Wednesday, 27 October 2021 13:58 PM UTC
Hi Armeen,

I was hoping to have a better analysis of my problem. I already reported it with bug number 7430.

Thank you for continuing to help me.

Best regards,

Oscar Billingslea

1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 27 October 2021 15:55 PM UTC
Thanks Oscar. Our team will figure it out, and if bug we will fix it.
  1. Helpful
Danish Ahamed LiakathAli Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 27 October 2021 02:21 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 7

I too having the same kind of issue. If the webserver got down in-between  and when I clicked any menu objects getting the error. 'Failed to download the file... with URL and window object details.

I checked the PBApps folder and don't see any objects under pbd folders during that time. I selected ' Update when connected' option.

Comment
Danish Ahamed LiakathAli Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 9 November 2021 00:28 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 8

Hi ZhaoKai,

Can you please conform whether the above fix will be applicable for the issue I posted in this question. I am facing similar issue when the web server is down, I am unable to access the application or getting the below when accessing any menus if the webserver goes down if the application is already opened. 

I have selected the 'Update when connected' option under Update Strategy and 'Download the app files as necessary' under Download option. 

Comment
  1. Kai Zhao @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 9 November 2021 00:51 AM UTC
Hi Danish,

What's the PowerBuilder version you are using?

We are glad to inform you that PowerBuilder 2021 MR Build 1311 has been officially released. The bug has been fixed or implemented in this release. Please download and install it to verify it on your side and let us know your feedback soon!

You can get the installer from our Downloads portal at https://account.appeon.com/download (login required).

For Installable Cloud apps, please follow the upgrade note to rebuild & deploy your apps after upgrading to PowerBuilder 2021 MR Build 1311.

https://docs.appeon.com/pb2021/release_bulletin_for_pb/Build-1311-Upgrade-Notes.html

Regards,

kai
  1. Helpful
  1. Danish Ahamed LiakathAli
  2. Tuesday, 9 November 2021 01:10 AM UTC
Hi ZhaoKai,

Currently we are using PB 2019 R3 Build 2703.
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 9 November 2021 01:50 AM UTC
Please upgrade to PB 2021 Build 1311 as ZhaoKai said.
  1. Helpful
  1. Wednesday, 24 November 2021 17:52 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 9

Hi,

The problem was solved.
Thank you so much for everything.

Sincerely,

Oscar Billingslea

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 24 November 2021 18:56 PM UTC
Great! How did you resolve? Please mark correct answer.
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.