1. Kelly Loree
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Saturday, 30 November 2019 16:22 PM UTC

I'm using the Appeon learning material which using PB17 but i downloaded the trial version PB2019 and when I try to run the applications that are enclosed on the demo I get the message: 

System Error - the code execution cannot proceed because PBVM170.dll was not found.  Reinstalling the program may fix this. 

Attachments (1)
Accepted Answer
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 30 November 2019 16:27 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi Kelly,

You cannot use that EXE because it was compiled with PowerBuilder 2017 and it is looking for the 2017 version runtime DLLs.  

What you need to do is use the source code files and create your own EXE with PowerBuilder 2019 or you can simply run the source code in the PowerBuilder 2019 IDE without creating an EXE.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Lance Robinson Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 3 April 2023 20:12 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Same issue here with PB2022. Trying to follow the PowerBuilder Fundamentals Course on Appeon-U, and, before I learn how to use your IDE to compile anything, or what your source file extensions even are, the response above says we need to perform things that we have yet to learn how to do. Can you provide a bit more guidance to someone who has yet to get any of this training, please? Also, this product has advanced several versions in the last 6 years. Can we get the training material recompiled to current version so that this is not an issue?

Thank you.

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 4 April 2023 14:45 PM UTC
Sure, please contact sales@appeon.com and request a free PB training session.
  1. Helpful 3
  1. Lance Robinson
  2. Tuesday, 4 April 2023 15:37 PM UTC
Thank you Armeen
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 4 April 2023 17:32 PM UTC
You’re very welcome
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.