1. Luis Pesaressi
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Sunday, 13 October 2024 11:15 AM UTC

Hello, I am trying the new version of PB2025 beta, when I migrated the application the PowerClient option does NOT work, I am configuring with the new options and it shows me an error. I followed the configuration that asks me to add Web Management Service, but I do not understand what I have to configure again to be able to run the compilation of the application with PowerServer in the new version of PB

I appreciate any help

Thanks
Luis

Attachments (1)
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 13 October 2024 13:15 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1
Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 17 October 2024 15:38 PM UTC
No, that's not what I'm saying. In the screenshot you attached to your post go look there is radio button right next to IIS selected that is called "Folder". Select that and it will save the compiled app to your developer machine. Then you use FTP client like Filezilla to FTP it over to IIS web server. Once it is on IIS Web server the latest version of PowerClient installs and updates app to your users same as before. So that part is not changing. All that is changing is how you get the app from your dev machine to the IIS server.
  1. Helpful
  1. Luis Pesaressi
  2. Thursday, 17 October 2024 19:31 PM UTC
Ok, thanks for the answer.

I don't understand. I see the structure of the application on the web server and it doesn't look like anything that the compiler generates. I see a directory that identifies the compiler version and subdirectories with several files. That's not what I get when compiling the system.

I don't understand why Appeon makes the work more complicated instead of easier.

Thanks

Luis
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 17 October 2024 23:05 PM UTC
If you'd like we can schedule a meeting with one of our staff and go over this deployment process. The new process does require some manual step but much more flexible. I know you were happy with the FTP deployment but we got quite a few complaints, and so we first made the change with the PowerServer project type and after period of releasing it to the market for real-world usage we now synchronized the change into PowerClient so both PowerServer and PowerClient project types deploy same way.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 14 October 2024 17:00 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Luis,

PB 2025 doesn't FTP the project to remote server anymore.  It uses the Web Deploy feature of IIS so you need to follow Microsoft instructions prepare your IIS for Web deploy.  Alternatively, you can select "Folder" option instead of "IIS" save the package to your local computer then use a separate FTP client like Filezilla to FTP it over to your remote server.

Best regards,
Armeen

Comment
  1. Luis Pesaressi
  2. Tuesday, 15 October 2024 09:30 AM UTC
Hello, Thanks for the reply. I have tried to configure it but it doesn't work. I keep getting the same error

and some options don't appear in the configuration. I am using Windows Server 2022

Thanks

Luis
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 15 October 2024 15:48 PM UTC
It's difficult to troubleshoot your config mistake in forum without accessing and inspecting your environment. I would suggest just save the package to your local disk using the "Folder" option and use FTP client like Filezilla to transfer it to the server. That is our recommended approach.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.