1. ZARIR KAPADIA
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 21 May 2024 11:30 AM UTC

Hi

We just moved from PB17 to PB22, tested everything and its working fine except when I wanted to add a menuitem to main menu, it was very very slow. To open menu painter itself was very slow. Each click on menu would have to wait atleast 30 secs. I was able to add menu but yesterday while building the EXE, it crashed. It was asking to migrate again which I started and it kept on crashing on my main menu. I had to get menu pbl back from network drive and then perform migration but I lost all my changes to menu.

We have not yet moved PB22 to production so wanted to get more information before we move forward.

Is anyone else also facing the same problem? Our objects are checked-in to Microsoft TFS.

Thanks.

ZARIR KAPADIA Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 21 May 2024 12:08 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the response.

• What windows version & build are you using?  WIN 10 version 22H2 (OS Build 19045, 4239)
  • Is your development on a real or VM machine? real machine
  • Are you using Citrix or RDP to access the IDE? When working from home, RDP into my primary machine and when in office primary machine.
  • Have any other PB developers having the IDE menu painter slowness? Yes it's for everyone.

We have another application too in PB Version 2021 Build 1506 also having the same problem.

We use Visual Studio Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider to connect to Microsoft TFS. That's what we use for version control. Just wanted to let you know. PB17 also works the same way.

Thanks.

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 21 May 2024 14:13 PM UTC
Hi Zarir, If you can provide a test case, I would suggest opening a support ticket: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug
  1. Helpful 2
  1. Bill Gates
  2. Wednesday, 22 May 2024 13:11 PM UTC
when traversal ribbonbar item attributes, pb also very slow , almost 30 seconds per item attribute -- win11 23H2 , cpu : E7-8890 v4 , 24 cores;
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 21 May 2024 11:52 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Zarir;

Can you tell us ..

• What windows version & build are you using?
  • Is your development on a real or VM machine?
  • Are you using Citrix or RDP to access the IDE?
  • Have any other PB developers having the IDE menu painter slowness?

Regards ... Chris 

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.