1. Jonathan Meltzer
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 17 January 2020 14:05 PM UTC

I am using Powerbuilder 2019, and I am not able to bring datawindows to front or back when coding a window that has layered datawindows.  In earlier versions of Powerbuilder (our previous version was 10.5), right-clicking on a datawindow and choosing "Send to Back" would, well, send that datawindow to the back and allow me to work with the datawindow that was under that one.  In Powerbuilder 2019, there is no effect.  I cannot find anything in the existing questions that covers this, so maybe there is a setting I am missing somewhere?

mike S Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 17 January 2020 17:33 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

I have a similar problem in 2017R3 as well as 2019R2.

The bring to front/send to back are options are disabled. However, making the dw visible does not help.

It seems to have more to do with the object (dw or other object such as button) being on the ancestor

Comment
  1. Jonathan Meltzer
  2. Friday, 17 January 2020 17:46 PM UTC
In my issue, the Send to Back/Move to Front were not disabled...they just did not do anything.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 17 January 2020 16:43 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Johnathan;

The "Bring to Front" or "Send to Back" feature works perfectly for me in PB2019 build 2170 and PB2019 R2 beta build 2279 - whether the DW Controls are in the Ancestor, in the Descendant or a mixture of both under my W10 O/S. For example ...

Before

After

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Jonathan Meltzer
  2. Friday, 17 January 2020 17:13 PM UTC
This was user error on my part. The datawindow that I was trying to move to the front did not have the Visible box checked. I am not sure why it needed to have that checked to work on it (as opposed to making it invisible in the application), but I apologize for raising the issue.
  1. Helpful
  1. mike S
  2. Friday, 17 January 2020 17:32 PM UTC
it should work whether it is visible or not. this is an IDE issue, changing the runtime value of visible should not affect the IDE. the point of bring to front is to set the dw in front. this allows us to work on it a lot easier, or to have it show at runtime in front/back of other objects such as buttons.

1. Helpful
mike S Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 17 January 2020 14:47 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Is the window inherited, and is one or more of the datawindows actually on the ancestor?

Comment
  1. Jonathan Meltzer
  2. Friday, 17 January 2020 14:50 PM UTC
Thank you for your reply! The window is inherited, but the datawindows are all on the same window, not on the ancestor.
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.