1. Lynn A Haynes
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 21 August 2019 15:53 PM UTC

My application was developed in PB 12.5 and I am migrating it to PB 2019. It runs from the IDE, but the deployed version on IDE machine errors out with message: DBMS OLE DB is not supported in your current installation, where PROVIDER='SQLOLEDB'. On an end user computer(with only PB Runtime dll’s + app), the error reads: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). I’m assuming the two are somehow related. Please advise. TIA

Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 22 August 2019 10:01 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Lynn,

#1 For the issue ‘DBMS OLE DB is not supported’:
If you deploy the application as 64-bit, then OLE DB is not supported, I suggest you deploy it as 32-bit and try again.
If you must deploy the application as 64-bit, then you need to use ODBC, SQL Native Client or ADO.Net to connect to SQL Server instead of OLE DB.

#2 For the issue “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)”:
Please confirm whether you are using the corresponding PB Runtime DLLs.
If your application is 64-bit, you need to use the PB 64-bit Runtime DLLs;
If your application is 32-bit, you will need to use the PB 32-bit Runtime DLLs.

Regards,
Ken

Comment
  1. Lynn A Haynes
  2. Thursday, 22 August 2019 19:08 PM UTC
Ken,

Thank you for your reply. We definately want to create a 64-bit app,so this is helpful. The transaction object is setup with these property values: dbms='OLE DB' and Provider='SQLOLEDB'. Where can I find what these should be set to for ADO.NET, ODBC, and SQL Server Native?
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 21 August 2019 18:11 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Lynn;

You would also need to deploy the SS OLEDB client as well on the PB App's PC. PB's OLEDB driver is only an interface to the real SS OLEDB client.

The SS client would also require the proper .Net framework runtime as well.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.