1. Ian Wells
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 5 July 2019 19:06 PM UTC

Hi,

I have PB 2019 installed on my desktop at home and my laptop when I'm in the road. I only have 1 PB universal license. Which options should I be setting on my user account (auto login at startup, sign out on exit), so I can use my desktop when I'm at home, and my laptop on the plane (often without am internet connection). I do not want to be stuck on the plane without a connection and not able to start up PB on my laptop. I have lots of work to do and some long plane flights ;-)

Thanks

Ian

Mariano Collado @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 5 July 2019 20:37 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Ian,

Make sure you enable 'Auto-login' and 'Auto-logout' on both, the PowerBuilder in your Desktop PC and your Laptop.

When you are planning on traveling, and you know you won't have an internet connection, try opening PowerBuilder at home (or at the airport) where you have an internet connection, and leave it running on the laptop.

PowerBuilder only needs to connect to the internet when it performs a license check, which is when you open the software. As long as you don't close the software (which logs you out), you will be able to continue using PowerBuilder for up 5 days without an internet connection.

Cordially,
Mariano C.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 5 July 2019 20:03 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Ian;

As long as you elect to use the "On-Line" license model with PB 2017/2019, you can use the IDE on as many PC's as you like. Just not at the same time. That is, you would need to logout of the IDE on machine #1 before you could login to the same PB2019 IDE on machine #2 and vise versa, of course.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Saturday, 6 July 2019 13:57 PM UTC
Hi Brad;

As Mariano stated, once you login to a PC and don't logout - you can use the PB IDE on that machine for up to 5 days without an Internet connection.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. Sivaprakash BKR
  2. Saturday, 13 July 2019 12:20 PM UTC
If I need to re-start the machine, in the middle of the travel with no-internet connection, will it allow to continue the work ?

1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 17 July 2019 19:58 PM UTC
Unfortunately ... NO (on a restart with no internet)
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.