1. Thierry Garrigues
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 19 June 2018 15:45 PM UTC

Hi

With the new RTF component, double-clicking on the icon bar no longer opens windows for managing styles or fonts... Is there another way to do that?
How do I programmatically open "Properties" window  of the current text (The window accessible from the popmenu : "Rich text - Selected text Object") ?

Thank you

Ricardo Colarina Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 19 June 2018 22:42 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Garrigues,

How about simulating either "CTRL+D" or "ALT+F10" key presses?

Cheers.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

Comment
  1. Ricardo Colarina
  2. Wednesday, 20 June 2018 23:01 PM UTC
No worries Chris.  I actually found those key combos from somewhere via Google, so credit to the one who posted it originally.  I intentionally coded in the key event to prevent users from changing the font properties.  I also coded to change the font properties automatically if a user does a copy/paste with the wrong font.

1. Helpful
  1. Frank Frey
  2. Friday, 22 June 2018 14:37 PM UTC
So do you reformat your inserted text with the desired font? If so, do you mind sharing your approach (code wise)? Thanks

1. Helpful
  1. Ricardo Colarina
  2. Monday, 25 June 2018 00:01 AM UTC
Hi Frank,

Yes, I reformat the (inserted) text while it is still in the clipboard prior to it actually being inserted.  Sorry but I can't share the actual codes due to my work restrictions.  However, I can tell you that I do the format fixing using MS Word VBA.  My only use for the richtext functionalities are for inserting hyperlinks.

Best Regards.

Ricardo

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 19 June 2018 16:04 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Garrigues;

The new TE Control used in PB2017's RTE and RTDW does not support the font dialogue feature that was previously found in the TX Control in previous versions of PB. What is coming in PB2018 is the ability to choose either the TX Control or TE Control in your App's. However, you will have to wait for PB2018's release at the end of this year for that option. You can purchase the TX Control today from the 3rd party vendor and incorporate this into your App's via the Application Painter. However, it is an extra purchase whereas in PB2018, it will be included in PB's pricing (all editions).

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Thierry Garrigues
  2. Wednesday, 20 June 2018 08:05 AM UTC
Hi Chris.

Thank you for your reply.

Ricardo says that ALT + F10 or CTRL + D shortcuts open these dialogues. In a future version, could you add icons in the toolbar or entries in the popmenu to do that ?

I use this component to generate HTML files and I have some conversion problems. Have you planned to update the TE Control Control (v24->v25) in next Powerbuilder version ? 

Best Regards 

1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 20 June 2018 15:22 PM UTC
Hi Garrigues;

A great suggestion! Please add a support ticket for this and record it as an enhancement. The Appeon Support guys will then add this  to Engineering's ToDo list.

Thanks ... Chris

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.