1. David Downes
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 21 May 2018 15:19 PM UTC

I am upgrading a PB 12.6 application that uses a SQLAnywhere 12 db that pipes to an Oracle 11g db.  I am getting pipe errors, -4 specifically telling me the table doesn't exist, yet I can re-create the pipe in the IDE and it works without an error but when I run the pipe though my application, the pipe gets the -4, table does not exist.  How do I tell which table it thinks doesn't exist?  Is it my Source table or the Destination table?  I have re-created the pipes 3 times, they work when I execute them but error -4 in the PB application.  The application has 7 different pipes and only 3 of them are getting the -1 error.

Thank you for any help you may have!

Olan Knight Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 22 May 2018 19:00 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

When using the pipeline, ensure that all of your table names have the appropriate SCHEMA prepended.
Example:  use  "schema_name.table_name", not simply "table_name".

Comment
  1. David Downes
  2. Thursday, 14 June 2018 18:56 PM UTC
Adding dba and the Oracle database owners names worked, thank you !

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 21 May 2018 19:29 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Pipeline objects have the database profile name in them. If you make sure the name of your database profiles in the two IDE versions match, it should work.

Comment
  1. David Downes
  2. Thursday, 14 June 2018 18:56 PM UTC
Adding dba and the Oracle database owners names worked, thank you !

1. Helpful
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 21 May 2018 16:08 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Are you connecting in exactly the same way (same user, etc) from the pb ide as when running the application?

Could it be some Public synonym is missing?

HIH

Comment
  1. David Downes
  2. Monday, 21 May 2018 17:06 PM UTC
Hi, Thank you, Yes, connecting the same way, I was able to recreate one of the pipes, through the IDE and that one works fine now through the application.  If I do the exact same thing for the other pipes, I get the -4 error, table doesn't exist.  I will check for synonyms though.

1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.