1. René Ullrich
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 31 July 2017 12:02 PM UTC

Hi,

I've found some "bugs" in the help file:

PDF-Export with "distill" method: In chapter "Using the Ghostscript distiller" there is mentioned a "PostScript printer profile called Appeon DataWindow PS". This is not correct because the application still need a printer "Sybase DataWindow PS".

PB runtime files: in chapter "PowerBuilder runtime files" is a list of files to deploy. It seems that also the files libsybunic.dll and PBUIS170.dll had to be deployed. This files are not mentioned.

Please add optional (4th) parameter dwBuffer for datawindow "find" method also in online help for this function.

HTH

Accepted Answer
Ashutosh Varshney Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 1 August 2017 19:50 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

You should submit a bug report to Appeon support: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport

Comment
  1. René Ullrich
  2. Wednesday, 2 August 2017 05:51 AM UTC
The missing files are also reported as Bug 221. I'll create a new ticket for the other issues.

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Mike S Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 1 August 2017 14:41 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

"Please add optional (4th) parameter dwBuffer for datawindow "find" method also in online help for this function."

Does the 4th parm (dwBuffer) work correctly?  sybase never documented it, and often that means it is unsupported or does not work correctly.  this was added sometime in the 12.0 / 12.5 / 12.5.1 timeframe.  (not in 11.5, but is in 12.5.1)

Comment
  1. René Ullrich
  2. Wednesday, 2 August 2017 05:42 AM UTC
It was new in 12.1 and is in this version listed as new feature. But Sybase (and SAP) never changed the help file.

I use the feature and I don't know issues. If there are some it should be fixed. I thinks it was a good enhancement.

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.