1. Khaled DHIABI
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 6 August 2019 13:22 PM UTC

Hi Appeon support,

I'm working on the migration of my application from Windows 7 to windows 10 on PowerBuilder 2017.

On Windows 7, my application works fine with Powerbuilder 2017 without any problem.
on Windows 10, I cannot launch the application. The application is not launched and I have any error message !
I tried also with application exe compiled with PowerBuilder 2017 on Windows 10 environment.

Here is what I can see in events log of windows :

Nom de l’application défaillante myapp.exe, version : 1.0.0.1, horodatage : 0x5c4c46f1
Nom du module défaillant : pbdwe170.dll, version : 17.2.0.1880, horodatage : 0x5c4c47f4
Code d’exception : 0xc000041d
Décalage d’erreur : 0x0024925c
ID du processus défaillant : 0x1e3c
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d549026c46fdda
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\Prd\Myapp\exe\myapp.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\pbdwe170.dll
ID de rapport : 7af4ee3b-0d1a-48a1-924c-71e54b077283
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

Could you please help me to solve this issue ?

Thank you very much !

Best Regards,
Khaled

Khaled DHIABI Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 14 August 2019 09:14 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi,

I tried with the Runtime Packager tool to create an installer the runtime dll files 32-bit components and also 64-bit components but I have the same issue. the application can not be launched !

I found a workaround for my problem : the workaround consists to modify the compatibility mode of the application exe file to "Windows Vista". By default is Windows 10 and I changed it to "Windows Vista"..(please see the attached file)

I can launch perfectly my application when I apply this workaround.

My question is why the application exe generated by powerbuilder 2017 is not compatible with Windows 10 ?

NB : I can launch my application directly from powerbuilder 2017 without any problem. The issue is only with the exe file of the application.

Thank you for your help

Best regards,
Khaled DHIABI

Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 14 August 2019 21:27 PM UTC
Hi Khaled;

FWIW: I have heard from a few Appeon customers that had similar issues with W10 & having to use "compatibility" mode to get their App EXE's running. Both of these customers eventually traced this problem back to their Antivirus or O/S policy settings.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 12 August 2019 13:23 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Khaled;

The abending module is the DataWindow expression evaluation "helper" DLL. This could mean a missing DWO was not deployed, mismatch in run time DLL's (which Roland might be hinting on), missing global function that a DW expression might be calling, etc.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 12 August 2019 13:03 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Use the Runtime Packager tool to create an installer for the runtime dll files. That should make sure you aren't missing any.

Comment
  1. Monday, 12 August 2019 08:40 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback

Do you have an idea how to identify the impacted missing a runtime dll file of powerbuilder 2017 please ?

Please note that I can launch on Windows 10 my application compiled by  PowerBuilder 12.6 without any issues.

I have the problem only with PowerBuilder 2017 on Windows 10.

Regards,

Khaled

Comment
  1. Tuesday, 6 August 2019 14:21 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 5

I am using PowerBuilder in French langage and PowerBuilder runtime packager is in English.

I used PowerBuilder 2017 runtime packager tool on Windows 10 environment to generate a new DLL runtime. I checked with PowerBuilder 32-bit components and with PowerBuilder 64-bit components but the issue is not solved.

Comment
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 6 August 2019 14:08 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 6

You might be missing a runtime dll file.

The error info is in French, are you using the localized French runtime dll files?

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.