1. Lisa Willford
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 15 August 2017 14:52 PM UTC

I've been struggling trying to create a new program in PowerBuilder 2017 - mostly because of a waterfall affect of migrating my old PFC libraries.  One corrupted object breaks another, and another, and nothing is working.  Is there any place I can download a complete set of PBLs for PFC instead of individual objects?

Also, I was wondering if I was on the most recent build of PowerBuilder 2017.  Where should I go to check for any updates?  I am on Build 1666, dated 6/27/17.

Thanks!

Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 16 August 2017 22:48 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

I got the latest scoop from Bruce.

Go to this page:

https://github.com/OpenSourcePFCLibraries/2017

Then click the link "1 release" in the middle just above the purple bar.

On that page, click on 2017.zip to download the version with PBL files. The other zip files do not have the PBL files.

These PBL files do not have the compile errors that Bruce accidentally introduced to the source file only ones.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 16 August 2017 21:47 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Bruce gave me this link to download the PBL files:

https://github.com/OpenSourcePFCLibraries/2017/releases

You can't get to it from the main page so I let him know about that and the errors that occur when doing a full rebuild.

Comment
  1. Lisa Willford
  2. Thursday, 17 August 2017 17:03 PM UTC
Bummer :(  waiting to hear your response from Bruce.  Thanks!

1. Helpful
  1. David Peace (Powersoft)
  2. Friday, 18 August 2017 09:29 AM UTC
I just downloaded this file and it does contain the PBLs. Thanks to Roland & Bruce for putting this out there.

1. Helpful
  1. Lisa Willford
  2. Monday, 21 August 2017 14:56 PM UTC
Yes!!  Thanks to all for getting those files out there.  That was a real lifesaver, as I thought my migrated code was toast.  But all is well and my objects are now compiling.  Thanks again!!

1. Helpful
David Peace (Powersoft) Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 16 August 2017 13:04 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Lisa

Firstly for the record it is impossible to build a new set of PFC PBLs with a new workspace and empty libraries. There are too many circular references between the PFC layer and PFE layer which in my understanding of the PFC is completely wrong. PFC library object should not use PFE library objects.... But they do!

So in order for me to build you a set of PBLs I had to start with a working set of older version PBLs. I then imported all the new objects that would import, sorted out the errors and then imported the objects again and sorted out the errors.... This was still a bit of a nightmare as I had to comment out code in order to get objects to compile clean and then import again to a new set of errors. It's a total mess!

I was unable to resolve problems with the following objects and had to comment out code:

Pfc_n_cst_pbunitconversion
pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_sortdraw
pfc_n_cst_winsrv_style

So here comes the disclaimer. These PBLs below are not a fully working or guaranteed copy of the PFC libraries. At least they are a starting point, I'd be wary of the three objects above just in case you are using elements of the functionality I had to comment out.

I hope that this helps people to move forward.

http://www.powersoft-services.co.uk/client_downloads/PFC2017.zip

This file contains all the original source I downloaded this morning from the GIT version. With my new workspace PFCAPP that I used to build the PBLs. Each folder of source contains a PBL file from the workspace and all the original GIT source. If you fix any problems let me know and I'll update the source PBLs accordingly.

This will have to do until the team that maintain the PFC are able to supply a set of PBLs for people to use.

Enjoy laugh

David

Comment
David Peace (Powersoft) Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 16 August 2017 11:57 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

I'm working on a set of PBLs for you. I've been at it for a few hours so far and I hope to be completed soon. Once I get them clean I'll upload them to our website for downoad :)

Watch this space....

David

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 15 August 2017 16:17 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 5

Hi Lisa;

PB 2017 build 1666 is the latest.

If you are building a new APP though ... why not use the latest PFC version (click here)?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Lisa Willford
  2. Tuesday, 15 August 2017 18:28 PM UTC
I'd be more than happy to get the latest PFC files... but how do I get the files?  :)  I mean, I see the source for the objects, which can be imported individually, but I'm guessing that's not really how it's supposed to be done?  I'm so frustrated - I just want a complete PBL delivered to me!  With all of the interdependence of the objects I'm getting no where with individual objects.  (ps, I've been using Powerbuilder since version 5, so I'm not new to the techology... just to GitHub!).  (help, in dire need of guidance!)

1. Helpful
  1. David Peace (Powersoft)
  2. Wednesday, 16 August 2017 08:51 AM UTC
I agree !

The GIT source is not a lot of use to people. That source must have come from a set of PBL's so why not release them?

Just my 1p worth :)

David

1. Helpful
  1. Milton Jiménez
  2. Wednesday, 16 August 2017 14:40 PM UTC
Hi , Chris, 

this pfc (latest version)Work with powerbuilder mobile?

thanks

1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.