1. Georgios Papageorgiou
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 14 February 2018 07:33 AM UTC
Hi PowerSphere,

Is it possible for me to add comment (Hijack) on Bug 207 ?

Goviani writes:
"Objects cannot be selected on windows that are not visible. This is normal behaviour."

​This is simple not true. It's NOT normal behavior. Sorry. 
​It's a definition on "Normal". It you take PowerBuilder 3.0a until recently - The Lasso was working on non-visible windows.

The problem is still in pb2017R2 with recent patch.
We have 2 different computers. on a window (which is marked "NOT VISIBLE") 
​On 1 of the computers the Lasso works - on the other it doesn't. ( but i had a case where it didnt work on both computers) - just can't figure out why... :(

​Regards
​Georgios

Govinda Lopez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 14 February 2018 17:14 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Georgios,

I will re-open ticket 207 so you can provide us with a reproducible test case. That way we can look into it further. 

Just as a comment, we have tested this case on the following PowerBuilder versions: 10.5.2, 11.0, 12.5, 12.6, 2017 and 2017 R2 and all of these versions behave the same way. When a window's visible property is set to false, then the lasso selection of objects is not available. You can select them individually or by pressing CTRL and selecting them one by one. But the lasso is disabled in a windows marked as not visible.

The only way to do this is by selecting the "Show Invisibles" in the Design menu of the IDE.

Regards,

Comment
  1. Georgios Papageorgiou
  2. Thursday, 15 February 2018 09:42 AM UTC
Hi Govinda.

Just opened a PB12.5.2.5006

I have MENU - DESIGN - "Show invisbles" Checked

I open a window the has property "Visible" unchecked. 

On this window i can do a "lasso" select of object (both visible an nonvisible object) - I can't see the "lasso"  but it sure selects the object. (i also tried a userobject and have the same behavior)

So according to your previous post - this should be a bug - or  ? 

Regards

Georgios

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Govinda Lopez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 14 February 2018 17:11 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Georgios,

I will re-open ticket 207 so you can provide us with a reproducible test case. That way we can look into it further. 

Just as a comment, we have tested this case on the following PowerBuilder versions: 10.5.2, 11.0, 12.5, 12.6, 2017 and 2017 R2 and all of these versions behave the same way. When a window's visible property is set to false, then the lasso selection of objects is not available. You can select them individually or by pressing CTRL and selecting them one by one. But the lasso is disabled in a windows marked as not visible.

Regards,

Comment
  1. Georgios Papageorgiou
  2. Wednesday, 14 February 2018 17:20 PM UTC
Lasso works fine on a Window with Visible = FALSE and Show Invincible = TRUE.

As i said - I havn't found a way to reproduce it - as i have 2 different computers opening the same object - with 2 different behaviors.  Both computers has "Show Invincible = TRUE"

I'll try to reproduce this. and thanks for opening the bug#207

Regards

Georgios

1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 14 February 2018 16:28 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

HI ​Georgios;

You are absolutely correct, that is why both the Window and User Object painters have the "Show Invisibles" feature. Once a control is shown, you can then lasso them!

This issue might be more of an RDT issue. Please open a support ticket for this.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.