1. Sanjay B
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 15 September 2021 23:57 PM UTC

I need someone from Appeon to state if PowerBuilder 2021 is compliant with Section 508.

Fully?

Partially?

Is there a document on PowerBuilder/PowerServer 2021 Section 508 Compliance?

This would also be helpful to those looking for an answer to this HOT topic.

Thanks!

Julie Jiang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 16 September 2021 00:53 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for checking into this.  We are about to post the VPAT report for PowerBuilder 2021 to the website (by this week). If you are in a hurry, you may check this webpage: https://www.appeon.com/developers/Accessibility-Conformance-Report.html. It contains the VPAT reports for the previous version (2019 R3, 2019, and 2017 R3), and the support status for the traditional c/s applications, PowerClient/PowerServer applications developed in version 2021 is identical as that for the applications developed in version 2019 R3.

Best regards, Julie

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 16 September 2021 01:59 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

I guess this has to do with Accessibility? One remark I'd like to make is that lots of us deactivate that option in the pb.ini to avoid slow execution of the powerbuilder applications.

just my 2cts

Comment
Sanjay B Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 16 September 2021 06:26 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Julie,

Thank you for your response.

However, clients/management want to find a quick answer stating, "Yes", "Partially" or "No". If partially, it may also be stated how much - 70%, 80%, 90%...?  If they need more info, they could dig into the lengthy VPATS for non-compliant features.

I searched all over the web but found pages and pages of docs/VPATS and there is one presentation from 2004 by Sybase (but that may be related to PowerBuilder 8) -

https://www.slideserve.com/yolanda-hensley/pwb511-creating-section-508-compliant-applications-with-powerbuilder

It would be great to document somewhere like in this thread briefly saying Yes or No or whatever for anyone looking for a quick answer (may even get indexed right into Google Answer Boxes on the top of search pages). It would serve as a great help for clients who are heavily regulated.

Thanks!

Comment
  1. Julie Jiang @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 16 September 2021 07:00 AM UTC
Hi Sanjay,

If you look into the report at https://www.appeon.com/developers/Accessibility-Conformance-Report.html, you will see the "Summary of Test Report" section that provides the answers "Supports", "Does not support", and "Not applicable" for the lengthy clauses. This is the most we can do based on the current official VPAT template.

Best regards, Julie
  1. Helpful 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.