1. Ravi Nath
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 9 January 2018 17:33 PM UTC

I have migrated my app from PB 11.5 to PB 2017.

I am using PB's internal RTF control to edit text and save to database. To save text I use copyrtf method and save the text to the db. In PB 2017 when I retrieve the text and display the RTF text using pastertf method it prefixes ogrowautofitofeaturethrottle1 to the text. I dont know why, I know it is because of new rtf control but what is the fix for this? I need to get this right ASAP!!

Thanks

Ravi

Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 24 January 2019 17:49 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

This issue should be resolved if you...

1. Upgrade to PB 2017 R3

2. Apply the latest maintenance release (MR #1880)

3. Config to use the "TX TextControl" RTF

After you test it out if the issue still persists, please open a support ticket.

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Thursday, 31 January 2019 09:46 AM UTC
Hi Armeen,

The fact that Appeon keeps telling us that the bugs on the "new" RTE control are being "solved" by going back to use the "old" one (thank god finally available now) gives me the very strong impression that the new control is never ever going to be fixed.

If I'm right, I think Appeon should start warning their users to NOT use the new control and take it out of any future Appeon releases, just to avoid later disappointments .

My 2cts.

Regards,

Miguel
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 31 January 2019 20:28 PM UTC

Hi Miguel, it's not that none of the bugs would be fixed in the new RTF, but there are a number of behavior and feature differences that many people on this Q&A are labeling as "bugs". The behavior and feature differences are inherent to the implementation of the new third-party control and since it is a third-party product we do not have control over that. So for this reason we are providing two different third-party options for free, and you always have the option to purchase some other third-party solution and embed that into PowerBuilder. But the two options we provide are probably going to be within the top 5 choices on the market that supports COM.
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Monday, 4 February 2019 02:42 AM UTC
Thank for clearing that up Armeen.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 24 January 2019 16:59 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

I've reported it as a bug: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/track/view?id=2203

Bug 2203

Comment
  1. Thursday, 24 January 2019 16:59 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

I've reported it as a bug: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/track/view?id=2203

Bug 2203

Comment
  1. Thursday, 24 January 2019 14:48 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

I'm on PB2017 R3 and I'm getting the same funny text, doing something similar to what Ravi has repported.

This seems to happen when I select all text and delete it.

Then I save and when I retrieve again, this text is in the rte: ogrowautofitofeaturethrottle1

I'm using an non Unicode SQLanywhere database and "STD Tool & Die classes" for this and in the log file I find:

2019/01/24 14:43:07 - UPDATE "dba"."ci_customer" SET "technical_info" = '{\rtf1\sstecf25000\ansi\deflang2057\ftnbj\uc1\deff0  {\fonttbl{\f0 \fswiss Arial;}{\f1 \fswiss Tahoma;}{\f2 \fswiss \fcharset0 Arial;}} {\colortbl ;\red255\green255\blue255 ;\red0\green0\blue0 ;} {\stylesheet{\f0\fs24 Normal;}{\cs1 Default Paragraph Font;}} {\*\revtbl{Unknown;}} \paperw12240\paperh15840\margl0\margr0\margt0\margb0\headery720\footery720\nogrowautofit\deftab720\formshade\nofeaturethrottle1\dntblnsbdb\fet4\aendnotes\aftnnrlc\pgbrdrhead\pgbrdrfoot  \sectd\pgwsxn11905\pghsxn16838\guttersxn0\marglsxn0\margrsxn0\margtsxn0\margbsxn0\headery720\footery720\sbkpage\pgncont\pgndec  \plain\plain\f0\fs24\ql\plain\f2\fs24 } ' WHERE "id" = 8 AND "technical_info" = ''

etc .......

So something is definitely failing

regards,

MiguelL

Comment
Govinda Lopez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 10 January 2018 19:28 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 5

Hi Ravi,

We recommend opening a support ticket and submitting your test case to Appeon Support: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug That way we can take a closer look into the problem and help you find a solution.

Regards,
Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 9 January 2018 20:39 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 6

Hi Ravi;

Did you apply Maintenance Release #01 (build 1681) yet to your PB 2017 IDE?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Ravi Nath
  2. Tuesday, 9 January 2018 22:01 PM UTC
Hi Chris,

Yes I am already running 1681. I am wondering if I can get hold of R2 pre-release. It was supposed to come out mid-Jan but now they are saying Jan end. Can you please verify that for me?

1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 10 January 2018 00:51 AM UTC
Hi Ravi;

AFAIK, all beta testing candidates have now been allotted. The mid-January timeframe is the Release from Engineering date. From there, R2 will flow through the final QA & packaging process. Thus, the GA version should be then completed for the end of January 2018 time frame. My R2 beta documentation does not list the bugs that were fixed. So I cannot advise you any further on this issue except to say that in checking the bug tracking system only one RTF Copy ticket was opened (#364) and that does not seem to be the same issue as you described.

Regards ... Chris

1. Helpful
  1. Ravi Nath
  2. Friday, 12 January 2018 16:55 PM UTC
Hi Chris,

In the mean time how can I use the RTF control shipped with PB 12.5 or PB 12.6?

1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.