1. Mary Jane Foster
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 1 November 2021 15:24 PM UTC

Hi:

I've just migrated to PB 2019 R3 2703 and need to remove an obsolete rich text edit object and replace with the new TX Text Control feature.  I've changed my application object to point to the Built In TX Text Control Active X 28.0 per the documentation.  According to your Visual Enhancements to PowerBuilder 2019 R3, when inserting an OLE object I should see the option to choose this new feature but I do not.

I've confirmed all the runtime .dlls are there, but how can I figure out what my IDE is missing?  

Thank you.

MJ

Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 1 November 2021 22:40 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

I've made a very simple sample app. See attached.

Just type some text and click on the button.

(Once you get this working: You say that you want to "save images" to html (oh .. ok, that was your other post).
If you plan on "copy pasting them", then there's a known bug with the v28.0.

Here's some of the problems I've encountered:
https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/tx-28-0-richtext-edit-control-and-pasted-images-pb2019-r3
https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/search/view?id=5954
There should a more complicated sample there).

Attachments (1)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Mary Jane Foster Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 22 December 2021 15:19 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hello to everyone who responded and tried to help!  I apologize for the delay in responding, I've been meaning to for a while now.  Because the issue we were experiencing was in a non-critical application we decided to work around the issue by sending any images as attachments.  Not the preferred solution, but we didn't want to put any more time into it by incorporating any 3rd party tools.

The one issue I was having with the new built in text control was resolved by registering the .dll.  I did not wind up needing it anyway, but again, I want everyone to know how much I appreciate their responses!

Happy holidays to all!  Be safe!

MJ

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.