Windows 7, 64 bit platform
The Short Version
- I suspect that I can pre-load the Standalone - Local License license file into the PB.INI file, but I do not know how.
HOW is this done?
The Detailed Version
I've been moved to a new VM. I access this VM remotely: I log into the VM using Remote Desktop.
I installed SYSAM-2_0 from the PBv12.6 set of install files. This means I have the IPV4 and IPV6 folders in the "bin" directory.
I can get the system service started. ANd stopped. And restarted - at will.
I can NOT seem to get LMTOOLS.EXE to succeed. It runs, but...
- I set up the CONFIG SERVICES tabpage up to point to the required files
- The Status bar shows: "Using license file
- When I try to re-read the license, it always fails.
- When I run SERVER DIAGS it always always always always say "cannot read the license file" AND "lmgrd.exe is not running".
I called SAP for help. HA! Since I don't have a current maintenance contract, they >>> WILL NOT <<< help me. At all.
I'll try running PB with a stand-alone local license since I log into the VM before running PB. Who knows? Maybe that will work.
1) I return to the SAP portal, License Keys, generate a stand-alone license key successfully, and download it into the following folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\PowerBuilder 12.0
2) Deleted the PB.lic file from the same folder.
3) Stop the SYSAM service, run PB, and get "The Sybase SYSAM license was not validated.".
- Click OK,
- Select "Standalone seat - Local License, click NEXT
- Click LOAD, and absolutely nothing happens.
- I click the MORE INFORMATION button, and yet again nothing happens.
4) I suspect that I can pre-load the license file into the PB.INI file, but I do not know how.
5) I try step three again with the SYSAM service running - same result, and clicking the LOAD button still does absolutely nothing.
6) Here are the LOG files from testing the SERVED license:
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.