1. Gregory Rusak
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 22 November 2023 18:56 PM UTC

Hello,

For PowerBuilder 2021, is there any way of exporting all of the built-in images so that my manager can review and pick the ones they need without having to use the PowerBuilder IDE?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Attachments (1)
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 22 November 2023 20:56 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Yes, check out this link: https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/stock-icon-for-dw-buttons

I remember that Julie also posted some link to all the stock images, but cannot find it and doubt it will be up-to-date with the latest versions of PB.

Ah! Here's Julie's link: https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/how-to-leverage-new-icon-images-in-dw-example-emailbig

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Gregory Rusak Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 22 November 2023 19:55 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Thanks Chris. I had thought of that, but am a bit reluctant to install any of those 3rd party applications on my computer as most, if not all are flagged by Windows Defender as being possibly malicious in nature.

Can anyone at Appeon provide me with a file of all these images that they've bundled into their product? That would be very much appreciated.

Warm Regards,

Greg

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 22 November 2023 21:20 PM UTC
You are correct John. ;-)
  1. Helpful
  1. Gregory Rusak
  2. Wednesday, 22 November 2023 21:39 PM UTC
@John and @Chris. You are correct, those images posted are not the same as the stock PB ones And yes I suppose I could do all that work to take screen grabs and such, but am hoping that Appeon can step up here and provide them. Will save everyone much needed time. Thx.
  1. Helpful
  1. Andreas Mykonios
  2. Thursday, 23 November 2023 06:57 AM UTC
Hi. While this may be considered out of topic, I use icofx (the last freeware version) and had no issues with antivirus or windows defender protesting,

Andreas.
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 22 November 2023 19:22 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Gregory;

I have not done this in quite a while but, the icons in older PB versions used to be stored in the PBVM DLL. This location might have changed though in newer PB releases - not sure.

You will need to use an Icon tool though like IcoFX, IconEdit, IconExpert, etc.  HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.