1. Jeff Wilkinson
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 28 August 2023 22:42 PM UTC

Bruce Armstrong has a great sample app for Google Authentication and seems to work fine in earlier versions of PowerBuilder including PowerBuilder 2019 R3.  However, that code does not provide the same or correct code when upgraded and ran on PowerBuilder 2022.  Can anyone tell me what has changed or needs to be fixed to make PB2022 and newer work?

Original article and reference

https://community.appeon.com/index.php/articles-blogs/tutorials-articles/2-powerbuilder/242-two-factor-authentication-using-powerbuilder#!kmt-start=10

Thanks

Who is viewing this page
Jeff Wilkinson Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 29 August 2023 16:10 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

If my time was incorrect then it would not work for 2019 R3 either.  But it works in 2019R3, just not my 2022 R1 (I guess I should have corrected it to say R1 instead of R2.  Let me try it in R2.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Bruce Armstrong Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 29 August 2023 16:05 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

I just migrated the code to the GA version of 2022 R2, ran it, and it generated the code correctly.

Check your local computer time to ensure it's within 30 seconds of an NTC service.  The PowerBuilder code relies on the local computer time to generate the Unix epoch that is the basis for the token.  If the local computer time is off you'll never get a match.

Comment
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 29 August 2023 00:12 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

What most likely has changed is "Google making it nearly impossible to connect from any application". Even when you comply with their 2FA rules etc., for me it suddenly became impossible to use gmail accounts.

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.