1. Shenbagam Balakumar
  2. PowerServer
  3. Friday, 15 March 2024 14:36 PM UTC

Hi Team,

I Migrated the application from PB21 to PB2022 R3. Now, I created the Power server project and deployed the Project successfully.

when I try to run the Project, I'm getting the ErrorMessage: "ORA-01008: not all variables bound". 

Oracle DB Version : 19c

fail: PowerServer.Api.ServerApiController[1003]
RpcFunction(0HN24RT92HBI7:0000000A)(2024-03-15 11:16:54.6937998): get result (
{
"SqlNRows": 0,
"IsSuccess": false,
"AppName": "test_cloud",
"NameSpace": "test_cloud",
"Type": "RPCFunction",
"SessionId": "1EDB8EE6-E1EB-4055-ACBE-990BDEDDE85F",
"TransactionId": "DE1DF8A7-F778-4436-9123-CA4A4810E98B-3",
"TransactionName": "sqlca",
"ErrorCode": 1008,
"ErrorMessage": "ORA-01008: not all variables bound"
}).

Please let me know, If you have any solution on this.

Thanks,

Shenbagam Balakumar. 

Logan Liu @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 11 April 2024 05:38 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Hi Shenbagam,

There is a bug about the error "ORA-01008: not all variables bound" fixed in the latest 2022 R3 MR 3356. Refer to: Bug Fixes | Appeon

Please try to upgrade to this build and verify again (tip: please regenerate the C# solution).

If still not resolved, please report your issue via our support ticketing system to ensure it is being properly received by our tech support and tracked at: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/

Regards, Logan

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Shenbagam Balakumar Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 18 March 2024 04:32 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

Hi Mike,

This is First time we are trying to create a PowerServer project.

Do we need to change anything in .ini file?.

Thanks,

Shenbagam Balakumar.

Comment
  1. mike S
  2. Monday, 18 March 2024 14:40 PM UTC
just trying to determine if the problem is in the move from PS 2021 to 22R3, which it is not. this has nothing to do with moving to 22R3.

this seems to be an issue with the .net calling what seems to be a problem in a stored procedure? you need to track down the exact call that is creating the error and do some research on why it may be causing a problem
  1. Helpful
mike S Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 15 March 2024 17:25 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 3

"B21 to PB2022 R3. Now, I created the Power server project and deployed the Project successfully."

is this the first time you deployed to powerserver?  or are you saying it had worked before in PS 2021?

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 15 March 2024 15:37 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 4

Hi Shenbagam ;

I would suggest that you open a support ticket for this issue. For this ticket, I would

• Provide the DML command that is failing in the PS app (in-line or DWO).
  • Provide the PB App's calling code around the DML that is failing.
  • Turn on "PS Debug Mode" and attach the debug log to the ticket.
  • If the Oracle code that is executing is either an RPC, SP, SF, Package, etc. - then also supply the Oracle source for that.

Regards .. Chris

Comment
  1. David Motty
  2. Wednesday, 20 March 2024 21:53 PM UTC
Hi Chris, I have an application that is giving the exact same error when trying to connect to the database. But what is different for me is that the application was working fine in PowerServer (PB 2022R2). But again, since the latest update to PowerBuilder/PowerServer 2022R3, I now also get the same error as Shenbagam when I try to sign into the database. Is this something that Appeon has an identified as a bug? If so, should I revert back to the last release (2022R2), or will there be an update for PB2022R3?
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 21 March 2024 16:21 PM UTC
Hi David;

From that generic description, it's hard to say what the issue is. AFAIK (and experienced myself in R2 => R3) PB / PS App upgrades I did not encounter such issues. However, I will state that these Apps were ASE, SS, PG & SA DBMS related and not Oracle. So I would suggest that you also open a Support Ticket and attach as much information / details / sample code (or better yet a s simple test case) to that ticket so that Appeon can better delve into your problem.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.