1. Eduardo G.
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 3 January 2020 14:00 PM UTC

I upgraded from PB 2017 R3 Build 1880 to Build 1915 (PWRBLDR-2017R3LTS-MR07-1915-EN) but now PB is not running.

When I install the new build I get the following message:

---------------------------
Self-Registration Error
The following files did not self-register or unregister:
1. C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\PBNAT170.DLL
El parámetro no es correcto.
2. C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\pbwsdlclient170.dll
El parámetro no es correcto.
To continue, click OK; otherwise, click Cancel.
Aceptar Cancelar

Once the installation is finished I run PB 2017 R3 and I get the following message:

PB170.EXE - Imagen incorrecta
C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\pbsys170.dll no está diseñado para ejecutarse en Windows o contiene un error. Intente instalar el programa de nuevo por medio de los medios originales de instalación, o póngase en contacto con el administrador del sistema o el fabricante de software para obtener ayuda. Estado del error 0xc0000045.
Aceptar

Translated:
C: Program Files (x86) Appeon Shared PowerBuilder pbsys170.dll is not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media, or contact your system administrator or software manufacturer for assistance. Status of error 0xc0000045.

Any solution?

Thank you.

RESOLVED:
This whole problem has been generated by the temporary blocking of the Panda corporate antivirus. Once the dll's have been checked, the antivirus works perfectly.

Tom Jiang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 5 January 2020 14:03 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

1. Please provide the logs in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AppeonInstallLog (C:\Windows\System32\AppeonInstallLog for 32bit OS) for us to further analyze why the two DLLs were not successfully registered.

2. Please copy the attached msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder and replace the existing files if they exists.
Then use the cmd prompt to maually register the two DLL:
    Start cmd using "Run as Administrator", run the following command:
    regsvr32  "c:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\PBNAT170.DLL"
    regsvr32  "c:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\pbwsdlclient170.dll"

Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. Eduardo G.
  2. Tuesday, 7 January 2020 07:39 AM UTC
Thanks for your help, I've done the above but it doesn't work, now it shows me more dll files:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\PBDEV170.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\PBDWE170.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\PBVM170.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\PBEAS170.dll

I think it might be the corporate antivirus, but I can't remove or disable it to confirm it, so I see that I will have to install PB build 1880 and forget about this update.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Michael Kramer Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 3 January 2020 15:06 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

I just upgraded PB 2017 R3 successfully #1880 => #1915.

When I install I always have regional settings =English, United States to avoid any issues with decimal separator; list separator, names of months/weekdays, month-day order in date values, sorting, etc.

After install I revert to my usual settings which varies between several European setups (Danish, Dutch, German, Hungarian, Swiss, or UK-English)

HTH /Michael

Comment
  1. Eduardo G.
  2. Tuesday, 7 January 2020 07:41 AM UTC
Thanks but I have it all in English
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.