1. billy hugon
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 13 December 2023 16:24 PM UTC

I'm trying to deploy a new project using PB 2022, and the PowerServer project configuration is totally different.  Never used it before and trying to build one by scratch.  Under 2021, I cant find the Client Configuration.  I'm wanting to deploy to my LocalHost.  

I'm trying to install the ServerAPI's to wwwroot5 and the application to wwwRoot\LotTrackingDevLocalHost

Here is an example of another project that DOES work in 2021.  

billy hugon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 14 December 2023 03:03 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Thanks Armeen,

Like I said, I have had PB 2021 running in production on the cloud for about a year, so I'm familiar with the setups needed.  It just through me off as to the new user interface for the Powerserver project.  It seems like there are some things missing that were in the older versions.  

I will log a ticket.  It shouldnt take much to get this fixed.

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 14 December 2023 03:09 AM UTC
Nothing should be missing under than the FTP deploy and now local deploy runs within the IDE instead of before it require you to configure an IIS.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  1. Thursday, 14 December 2023 03:00 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Chris,

I logged a ticket a couple of weeks ago regarding installing under Azure.  This particular application has been running client/server for years.  They want to move it to an Azure environment.  The response I got was to upgrade (they sent a link to this version) to the latest version first, which I did.  We probably wont be going live until end of qtr 1 of 2024, so if this will be in production by then, I will stick to it.  Otherwise, please advise as to what version I need to use.

Thanks

Billy

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 14 December 2023 03:10 AM UTC
The current plan is to have an R3 PB and PS version ready for GA release in January 2024.
  1. Helpful
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 14 December 2023 02:50 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Billy,

Please contact our sales dept. (sales@appeon.com) we can setup a tech meeting do some basic training for you of how to configure things in the newer versions of PowerServer and answer any questions you have.

Also, I recommend going through this Appeon-U course for PowerServer: https://www.appeon.com/appeon-u/ps

Best regards,
Armeen

Comment
  1. Thursday, 14 December 2023 00:23 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Here is what the new release I'm using

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 14 December 2023 01:48 AM UTC
Hi Billy;

This is not a new release but a beta and not to be used for actual development or production apps!!!! Just for testing purposes only.

Because this is a beta, please open a Support Ticket for any deviances or anomalies that you find so that our Engineering team can address these issues before the GA release. Many thanks in advance!

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 13 December 2023 23:09 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 5

Hi Billy;

You are using PB 2022 and not PB 2022 R2 .. correct?

Regards .. Chris

Comment
  1. Wednesday, 13 December 2023 19:22 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 6

In looking at this further, I'm trying to deploy to my LocalHost.  The 2022 is not in the same order.  Also, do you need to go to SnapDevelop and Deploy?  It appears it is done during this deploy.

In 2021, the project I have that works is:

Under Run Options, I have

Under Web API I have

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.