1. Andrew Davis
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. Monday, 30 September 2019 17:00 PM UTC

Hi, 

I have just downloaded the latest version of pb2019 and powerserver etc.

When i try to connect my database there is an option for sqlanywhere 17 but not sqlanywhere 16 - how do i get drivers or connect to my sqlanywhere16 database ? or do i need to try to upgrade to 17 ?

regards and thanks in advance 

Andrew

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 30 September 2019 18:55 PM UTC
  3. # 1

Hi Andrew;

Run the SA16 installation "DB Client" part only on your PB/PS 2019 installation. Make sure that you check both the 32 & 64 bit SA DB Client drivers. PB IDE uses 32bit and PS uses 64 bit. After that, you should be able to connect to your current SA database(s) once you recreate your current System DSN's on the PB/PS 2019 PC(s).

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 30 September 2019 18:03 PM UTC
  3. # 2

I think we skipped SQL Anywhere 16 because it was so buggy, but you should be able to connect fine if you are patched up to the latest build of SQL Anywhere 16.

On your server machine you need to open up Windows ODBC administrator and create a DSN using the SQL Anywhere driver that comes with your SQL Anywhere installation.  If your OS is 64-bit then you should make a DSN for 64-bit since that is what PowerServer will look for.

In the AEM (Appeon Enterprise Manager) of PowerSever, create a data source to SQL Anywhere using the "native driver" option not "ODBC".  It should not restrict you by version.

Comment
  1. Andrew Davis
  2. Tuesday, 1 October 2019 07:16 AM UTC
Armeen / Chris

Many thanks for your help , i changed the DSN settings to the same as the tutorial and i reset my connection settings within the powerserver setup - when i was trying to get it to work at some point i had changed form ODBC to an ASE connection on the SQLCA setup
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 1 October 2019 14:41 PM UTC
Glad to hear that, and thanks for sharing the solution!
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 1 October 2019 14:50 PM UTC
Excellent news Andrew! :-)
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.