1. David Peace (Powersoft)
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 31 May 2023 08:51 AM UTC

Hi Everyone

We are experiencing an issue with Buttons on a DW in PB2022 build 1900, when using the Dark Theme the picture on the DW button has a white square around the outsideof th eimage on the button. The image is a PNG image 16x16 pixels with transparency (we have tried a coloured background too).

We are not seeing quite the same problem with the Silver Theme (different image though). But theer is still some sort of border.

I'm wondering if the border colour is affected by the DW original background colour? Perhaps Appeon can shed some light on the rendering logic for buttons and then we can manipulate the original source code to make the effect consistant?

Has anyone got any suggestions on how we can resolve this problem?

Many thanks

David

I have uploaded a docuemnt with images etc.

Attachments (1)
Accepted Answer
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 31 May 2023 10:29 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink
Comment
  2. Wednesday, 31 May 2023 10:38 AM UTC
It is similar to the second one, it is not a PictureButton but a button on a DW. Otherwise it is the same.

Is this going to be fixed, is there something that we can change to mitigate the problem?
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Wednesday, 31 May 2023 10:47 AM UTC
Maybe you can add a comment to the second one to see if Appeon applies a bit more urgency to resolve the problem?

In general, I love the new features of Appeon. People get upset when I complain about them not testing enough when some bugs are so obvious that it gives the impression it's not been tested at all, so I'll just not repeat myself and be more reserved and patient in adapting newer versions until things are resolved. It does stop me from doing any beta testing.

Sorry for the rant.
  1. Helpful
  2. Wednesday, 31 May 2023 13:25 PM UTC
Themes are a mixed blessing, if you understand that it's just a dirty kludge then that's ok. If you expect it to be perfect in every case then you are deluding yourself. I must say that implementing themes on a massive old application has been challenging. Having said that we are now down to the minor UI rendering issues that in the scale of things are quite small.
  1. Helpful 1
There are no comments made yet.

There are replies in this question but you are not allowed to view the replies from this question.