1. Dan Harrel
  2. SnapDevelop
  3. Friday, 5 February 2021 20:59 PM UTC

I installed PB 2019 R3 within the past few days.  I can now run (no debug) my ASP.NET Core 3.1 Web API, however I get an error when I try to debug it: "Start debugger failed. Process started but no CoreCLR found".  Please see the attached screen print.  

I have Visual Studio 2019 installed on the same machine, and I can both run (no debug) and debug the same application there.  

Thanks for looking into this.

Attachments (1)
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 6 February 2021 22:36 PM UTC
  2. SnapDevelop
  3. # 1

In the earlier versions of SnapDevelop I simply used to open the project in visual studio 2019, set a breakpoint and hook the powerbuilder exe with (shift+alt+p or ctrl+alt+p, Don't remember and cannot check as running backups on linux).

Then there was a time when it would work when I would first have opened up Snapdevelop and loaded the project.

Maybe one of these could solve your problem (temporarily)?

Comment
  1. Dan Harrel
  2. Monday, 8 February 2021 14:35 PM UTC
Temporarily I can just debug in VS2019. I find it miraculous how a solution/project is interchangeable between the IDEs.
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Monday, 8 February 2021 14:38 PM UTC
Yes, it's awesome, but then also ... SnapDevelop is "just" a stripped down, adapted visual studio in my opinion.You really only need it to associate a powerbuilder target and things like that.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Logan Liu @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 7 February 2021 09:13 AM UTC
  2. SnapDevelop
  3. # 2

Hi Dan,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I failed to duplicate this issue in my test environment with both VS 2019 and SnapDevelop 2019 R3 installed.

Kindly please report this issue via our support ticketing system to ensure it is being properly received by our tech support and tracked at: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/.

Please help to provide more details about how to duplicate it.  It will be very helpful if you can also provide a sample project.

Regards,

Logan

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.