1. shaila panwar
  2. Beta Testing
  3. Monday, 13 January 2020 00:26 AM UTC

I have recently seen usage of  C# Class Importer in PowerBuilder 2019 where you do need to create the COM component tin order to access  the function in C# DLL.

However when I see my PowerBuilder 2019 I can only See the tool C# Model Generator and not C# Class Importer.

Is there anything else required to get this tool in PowerBuilder 2019?

Michael Kramer Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 13 January 2020 09:07 AM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 1

Hi Shaila,

You are using PowerBuilder 2019 = "PB 2019 R1".
C# Model Generator and C# Class Importer are new tools in PB 2019 R2. which hasn't released to production yet.

So keep your "production" code on the existing R1 version. If time permits, join the beta program and try out the new features. Keep "beta testing code" separate from your production code.

HTH /Michael

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 13 January 2020 01:21 AM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 2

Did you download the R2 beta from this page?  https://www.appeon.com/developers/pb-2019r2-beta.html

You have to be an existing customer to gain access to the beta.  It is a customer beta program rather than a full public beta.

Comment
  1. shaila panwar
  2. Monday, 13 January 2020 05:38 AM UTC
Thanks Armeen for the Input.

Just wanted to Understand what is the difference between Beta version and Normal version.

I am an existing customer of the Appeon and got the license of PB2019.

Just wanted to understand switching to Beta version wont have any impact of existing feature of PowerBuilder.

1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Monday, 13 January 2020 10:46 AM UTC
Michael explained well. This feature you mentioned is in the beta not the older release that you have. Beta by definition will have bugs so you should not use in live environment. Beta is for learning and evaluating new features.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.